Driving Again • 3

"That town sucked." I hear Matt say, from the back row as we pass by a sign that says,
"Come back soon! Love Helen, citizens!"

"I think we all agree." Nick says, putting his foot on his chair. We all make agreeing sounds and Chris starts playing aux. While the song plays, there wasn't a lot of conversation. Every now and again it was questions and humming the words to the song that was playing.

"I'm going to stop at Starbucks, so if y'all want something tell me when we get there." I say, turning down the music. No one said anything, so I just turned the music back up.

At Starbucks

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks! What can I get you today?" The lady says, on the other side of the black speaker.

"Uhm hi, it's going to be kind of long, so bear with us please." She chuckles and I glance at the menu and back at the speaker. "Could I get a Vinte iced white mocha, with sweet cream cold foam?" I turn my head to Chris with a droopy expression. I was tired.

"Just a chocolate milk."

"A chocolate milk." I turn my head towards the back, pushing off of the steering wheel.

"A mango dragonfruit with lemonade." Alahna says, looking at me in the eyes and quickly looks back at her phone.

"What size?" I whisper.

"Vinte as well please."

"Could I get a Vinte mango dragonfruit, with lemonade?"

"Will that be all?" She says, in kind of a rude tone, but I didn't think about it to much.

"Nick?"

"Grande Pink Drink." I Tell her the order and her clinking was very aggressive through the speaker.

"A tall black coffee."

"Same for me, but with ice and a grande." Matt adds, right after Myles. They were way similar then they were to there actual siblings.

"Two black coffees, but one tall and the other with ice and could you make that a grande?"

"Yes, now is that all?" She says muffled.

"Yes it is."

"That'll be $28.73 at the window." I drive up to the window, pulling out my wallet. Myles throws his wallet at the front window like a frisbee.

"What the hell, Myles?!" I say, turning to him with a shocked expression on my face.

"Oh pipe down, it's my turn to lay for the group." I grab his wallet, no questions asked, and pulled out 29 dollars and a 20 out for me, slipping it into my pocket. Chris sees me and smirks, and dies laughing.

"What's going on?" Nick asks. "We miss everything in the back!" Chris was now quiet laughing making me laugh, his laugh was contagious, what could I do.

"Makenna, give me back my wallet!" Myles says, realizing what I was doing. I tossed it back there and pulled up to the window. I lay my chin on my knee, that's leaning against the door, while waiting for them to open the window.

"30.76" The girl says, not making eye contact.

"But, you said it was 28.73?" I say, taking my chin off of my knee with a questionable expression on my face.

"Get your ears checked, it's 30.76." She says, looking into the car, seeing Chris, Matt, and Myles. (Matt and Myles are putting there head up front to see the problem, if that makes sense lmao).

"Um, actually no, get your facts checked." I say, pulling her eyes away from the boys.

"You're the Sturniolo Triples right? And Myles May." She says, putting a smile on her face. She hands us our stuff, and then starts talking again. She fixes herself, trying to not look like a wreck. Trust me, she looks like a wreck.