"Belle. What do I have to do?" Asked Regulus. He was exasperated with her scepticism. Regulus was at fault. He had to solve it. Needed to solve it. So when they were at the altar, exchanging their vows, Annabelle felt his love.

"I-"

"You still do not believe me." Said Regulus. "When I tell you I love you." That was what this was about.

Her letters had stopped because someone had made her think. Someone had said something.

"Regulus," Said Annabelle, playing with his hair.

"You do not." He realized. "It has been a year. You said you- Do you mean it?" Annabelle nodded. "But I can not? I have far more reason to love you than you have to love me."

Annabelle scoffed.

"Self deprecation is not my favourite of your pass times. Not when you are literally the most beautiful perfect person I have ever met." Said Annabelle. "You might try knitting instead."

"If I saw you more, you might be able to teach me." Said Regulus.

"Do you needle-ittle time?" Asked Annabelle.

"Stitch up." He said, and then he realized what he said, and Annabelle lost herself to laughter. A sound so contagious Regulus caught the happiness, a smile spreading across his face. "I loathe you."

Annabelle pressed  a flurry soft kisses all over his face. His eyes finally met hers."No you don't."

"Fuck off."

"Crass." She said, mimicking him. Her face hovered over his for a moment. Her hand on Regulus' cheek. No one should be allowed to take her from him.

"Did someone say something. To you."

"About you?"

Regulus nodded. Annabelle lay down beside him again.

"Andromeda doesn't like a death eater sendin' me post. Post Dora can't keep away from."

"You haven't been getting my letters." He realized. Annabelle shook her head. "Can't Andy control her child?" Said Regulus sourly. Annabelle was being kept from him. He did not like it. He had never seen the child.

He imagined a tiny demon with horns and a pitchfork. A smaller version of the muggle devil.

"No. Not even God could do that." Said Annabelle, smiling a little at the mention of Nymphadora.

"Do you have to live there?" Asked Regulus. "I can give you so much money."

"So much money?"

"If you went back to the French Revolution you would surely get your head chopped off." Said Regulus, Annabelle laughed. A sound he would never tire of and longed for. "I could buy us a massive manor- I have a massive manor. We could live there."

"Together?"

"Yes. You can bring your cat." Said Regulus, he looked at her. If he managed the wards on a home for them, he would know she was safe. Always safe. He would have Moody and Dumbledore kept from the premises with several curses.

"We can bring cats?"

Regulus furrowed his eyebrows. He could hardly compete for her affections with one cat.

"Cats plural?"

"Can we get one of those circle beds?" Asked Annabelle.

"Cats plural?"

"Oh and a record player."

"Cats plural?" Said Regulus.

"And a piano. Because you love piano."