uh oh..

.
.
.
.

Lets just say everything went downhill after that.

Albedo noticed how you had the same level of intellect as him and he didnt like it. how you can easily beat him. which is why he always avoided you and considered you an opponent of his. he knew it was childish to be competitive with people at his age but he didnt want someone like you to beat him in everything he excelled in in a blink of an eye.

the days passed by quickly and now is the week before the schools celebration of its founding. on this day, the school usually hosts events and contests, organized by the students themselves, and after quite a long talk with the student council members, they managed to convince you to help them with the events and contests instead of joining all of them.

you were assigned to manage the photo booths.

why you ask? you wish you knew the answer. you had little knowledge about photography which made you alittle pissed at the group but didn't say anything else

luckily you knew how to decorate booths, with a few words of advice from your lovely roomate, sucrose of course.

"sucrose do you have any idea on how to decorate a place where students are supposed to take pictures on?" you asked sucrose with a monotonous voice. "you spoke! well isnt that a first!" she said then giggled. you gave her a piercing gaze. "im sorry! decorating isn't really my expertise though! i know someone who does tho." she said. "who may this person be?" you asked while attempting to make your voice sound livelier. "albedo!"

now there you were. standing in front of his dorm thanks to sucrose who told you where it was. you knocked once, then twice then thrice. "ohohoh! who might this fine lady be?" a ginger opened the door and answered. " [y/n][l/n]. is albedo here?" you said. "'bedo! your girlfriend's here!" the ginger turned his head and called for the man and turned back to you with a smirk which left you confused. "come in miss! wouldn't want to leave someone like you to freeze outside or something!" the ginger gestured for you to come in while you hesitated. "childe i dont have a girlfrien-" albedo came to the door trying to put on his glasses. his hair was a mess while he was still wearing what looked like pajamas.
"oh, [y/n]." he said with what you assumed was an angry gaze at you "sucrose told me that i could ask you for help." you said then returned his gaze. 'Childe' could feel the air thicken and decided to break the tension by doing fake coughs. you tried to speak to albedo but this time in an enthusiastic voice you adapted from sucrose "lets get started, albedo?" he pans to you with a disgusted face and grabs your wrist, pulling you from the door into a room which seemed to be his room.

"what do you want, to be friends or something?" he said in an angry voice. you knew he hated you but you didn't know why, if it was because of your personality? the way you talk? the way you fake emotions like you did a minute ago? or is it because he had feelings for sucrose and he wasnt a fan of how shes much closer to you now? you didnt realize you were deep in thought until albedo snapped his fingers infront of your face. "my apologies, i came here for some advice." "im afraid i dont give love advices, [y/n]. do i look like someone who matchmake people or something? jeez." he said. "no, i need advice for the event that will be held in school a week from now, sucrose told me that you were very knowledgeable in terms of decorating and stuff" you said while looking at everything except albedo. you watched as the man in front of you look around and take a pen and paper to write something down. "here. now go you're welcome thanks don't come back" he said while motioning you to get out. "hey i didnt even say what it was abou-" he cuts you off by putting a finger on your mouth " i already know [y/n]. did you not see me on that meeting where they forced you to do this?" oh, right. he was in the student council, you thought. of course. "alright." you said while looking at the piece of paper he handed you. it looked very detailed even though it took him only a few minutes to write it. "thank you albedo, i appreciate the help" you said with a smile on your face. then nods and leads you out of his dorm. "jeez albedo your girlfriend is quite the scary person huh?" childe says and laughs. "shes not my girlfriend. i would rather die" albedo says which causes childe to look at the man with a shocked face.

"[y/n], great work." miss 'jean' the head of the studen council thanks you. "no problem miss jean, if you ever need more hands for this event, I'd be more than happy to help." to be honest, youd be anything but happy to help them on the event but you thought maybe making friends for once and acting kind would make your father surprised at this act.

"well thats great timing [y/n]. the science club currently needs a hand to fix some stuff in their booth. i hope you're okay with helping them." miss jean turns to you with a closed eye smile. you can't help but return the smile and agree to help.

you couldnt be more regretful at helping. the blond haired man who seemed to hate you for no reason was also present. which made you confused on why they still needed your help when they had him. "goodmorning everyone, goodmorning albedo. how may i be of any help?" you asked politely with a small grin on your face.
albedo looked at you with disgust. you saw this and brushed it off as members of the club surround you, asking for assistance.

you were making progress. you thought, and hoped atleast. you answered every question and did every request everyone asked you to do, in hopes of being more likable for a change. character development you supposed.

albedo couldn't be more confused as to what your goal is. your sudden change of attitude to everyone? the way you treat everyone suddenly turning upside down? he brushed the thought of ever falling for your so-called antics of getting everyone to love you. after all, you are what he considered a rival.

.
.
.
.

a/n - yeah..

word count: 1124

word count: 1124