🍀

You've always believed that four-leaf clovers were a sign of faith, hope, love, and luck

You've always believed that four-leaf clovers were a sign of faith, hope, love, and luck. atleast thats what you were told

"[y/n], come here!" your father shouted from his garden, "yes dad?" you watch as he reached out in a bush, pulling out a small leaf. "[n/n], do you know what these are?" your father waves the small leaf while you shake your head saying no. "this is a four leaf clover darling, its a sign of luck" your father said with a closed-eye smile. he watched as your eyes light up with excitement, attempting to get the clover in his hands. he handed it to you after laughing and watched as you put the small leaf in between a small notebook's page.
he ruffles your hair and asks, "why are you keeping it in a notebook?" you giggled and told your father, "one day dad! this little four leaf clover will help me achieve my dream!" he laughs and gives you a hug.

your father has always been a role model of yours. since your mother was no longer around, he tried to treat you like how your mother did. though youve never told him personally but you've always admired his hardworking nature. being a lawyer and both a father and mother to you tired him alot, no matter how many times you told him that you can take care of yourself since you're now a teenager, he still insisted on doing stuff for you, which pissed you off a little bit but still let him be.

now that you're 18 and going to university, your father let you go to a dormitory near to your school. before you left, he handed you a necklace of a four leaf clover and bid his farewells with teary eyes.

"[n/n],[n/n]! wake up!" your roommate shakes you awake refusing to listen to your pleads for an extension of your slumber. "ugh sucrose im up!" you angrily stared at your roommate who in return looked at you with worry in her eyes. "[y/n] come on we'll be late!" your eyes widened when you looked up to the wall clock behind her, hands pointing at 7:35am. You hastily got up from your bed ignoring your startled roommate as you rummaged your closet looking for somewhat decent clothing to wear. "calm down dude" your roommate beseeched and you did. you shooed sucrose out of your room and got dressed.

X University, the school where students who have skills which exceeds an average person goes to, due to your father's influnce in you, you were pretty intelligent. you studied hard and shut yourself society to make your father proud, from joining every extracurricular activity you can, to acing every tests given to you, and proud he was. now here you were, standing in front of the university your younger self dreamt of getting in to. as expected, the school was very big and students were flooding in for the morning assembly. Sucrose grabs your wrist gently and leads you to the gymnasium where everyone seems to go to.

"its so cool here isnt it?" sucrose says excitingly while you just nod. a tall male with brown hair and a ponytail walks to the front and gives out some speech about making friends and enjoying college which you didn't pay much attention to in contrast of your friend beside you who was basically gleaming at this point.

time passes and you had to part with your roommate to go to your respective classes, since she went to the chemistry department, while you went to english. as much as you want to follow your fathers exact foot steps, you really didn't want to meddle with stuff like what your father deals with. and you already guessed that your father wouldn't want you to work yourself too hard like he does.

you've always had a passion in writing, when you were younger youd always place highest in competitions featuring writing, whether its journalism, story writing, you name it you've probably won it, which is why you chose to head to this path in your life. to be able to tell a story from the tip of your pen. to tell the story of your luck to having a father like one you have now, to tell the story of your father working 24/7 for you, was something you've always liked.

your train of thoughts was cut off once you were facing the door of your classroom, you opened it and was immediately pierced by the intense gazes of your classmates. "miss [y/n], you are late." your teacher said with a stern voice. "my sincerest apologies teacher, i just experience quite an inconvenience on my way to this building. i promise this wont happen again." you said in a polite manner while you stare at your shoes. "alright. take a seat" she pointed to a boy at the corner with blond hair, teal eyes and glasses.

"sucrose huh, cool name" you conversed with your roommate. "you're pretty dry [y/n]" she said dragging out the last syllable of your name. "my apologies, making friends isnt really my forte." you said while shaking your head. " [n/n] its fine! just tell me about yoursel-" you were about to scold her for the nickname when the two of you heard knocking from the door.

sucrose walks carefully to the door and opens it to reveal a man with white hair, teal eyes and glasses. "good afternoon sucrose" the man looks around and then looks at you behind sucrose. "sucrose, is this your boyfriend?" you asked with a straight face. the green haired girl bursts out into a fit of laughter, leaning on the wall while holding her stomach. the man at the door looked like he was holding back from laughing while you stare at the two confusedly. "no we are not, i am sucrose's childhood best friends" he answers for your roommate with a slight giggle and pushes up his glasses. "im afraid we've never met before" at this point your friend was starting to recover from her laughing fit "my name is albedo" he said raising his hand clearly waiting for you to shake it. "[y/n]" you said to him, walking away, and leaving him hanging, which makes sucrose laugh even harder this time. "your roommate is quite.. interesting"

you took a seat right next to 'albedo' taking out a notebook to write notes. you took a small glance at him and see that he is quite a studious person, which piques your interest, although you've never admitted it, you were always a competitive person, doing the best you can in everything for your father, although everyone believed that you were a prodigy, you only saw it as your father's gift for you, giving you the best of luck. the man saw you staring and immediately scoffed. you turned back to your notebook and pretended none of it happened.

.
.
.
.
.

a/n: hello! first chapter down👍 (sorry for mid writing i barely write shit now 😴) this was supposed to be longer but im gonna the rest next time bc had to make a first chap asap

word count : 1212