one

HARRY POV:

Harry was draped over the bed, with a book in hand. He always seemed to have his nose in a one, often reading or studying. He wasn't paying attention to the words of the book though, the words that always seemed to have a purpose.

Words and sentences all across the pages of the book, everything having a purpose. How the characters figured out everything in the end, how they all seemed to be happy at the end of it all. What if he didn't know his purpose? Everything was crumbling around him, and all he could do was watch his life fall apart slowly.

A crash from the other room sounded through the house and Harry went to check the sound out. When he went to the other room, annoyance washed over the green-eyed boy as he saw that Bert (his cat) had knocked the vase over.

Harry let out a big sigh and then walked slowly towards the area with a dustpan, where the vase had fallen, being careful not to cut himself on the glass.

After he cleaned up the vase he heard a soft purring in the corner of his room, he looked over to see that Bert was looking expectantly at him. With a roll in his eyes, he went over to Bert, cooing at him, not being able to be mad at the adorable little ball of cuteness.

"Come here bub", he whispered to the cat. He watched as Bert jumped down from his perch, gracefully walking over with his tail constantly flowing with his motions and poised attitude.

Harry scooped up the cat, deciding to bring him downstairs and watch a movie with him on the couch.

He sat on the couch for a while, not being able to choose the movie he wanted to watch, but after a long time of trying to choose, he ended up watching Titanic for about the millionth time. 

Harry fell asleep cuddled up with Bert, not being able to finish the movie because they were both tired and fell asleep in the middle of it.

Harry woke up to the sun creeping through the curtains, blinding him. He woke up suddenly, being startled by the sudden change of darkness. Adjusting himself to the light, he went upstairs to wash his face. 

In the bathroom he made various precautions to not look at himself in the mirror, living in his body was bad enough, he didn't want to have to look at how ugly he was too. After washing his face, taking a shower, and changing into sweats and a hoodie he went downstairs, ready to leave for school.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes, trying to close all thoughts out of his mind but failing, like always. Harry's mind was always going, worrying, and thinking. He fucking hated school, well, let's be honest, he fucking hated life. It was all so much, so overwhelming.

He didn't want people to be mad at him, so he apologized for everything, every inconvenience every little thing. He didn't want to be replaced, but every time, he felt himself growing farther from the person and bam. They had drifted apart.

They abandoned him after he thought he had built a relationship with them.

It's not like Harry didn't try to keep in touch, after a while the other person just dropped him, so he just stopped trying.

Harry walked out of his car, with his head low, clinging his books to his chest, looking towards the ground. No one ever noticed him, yet he could still feel everyone's eyes burning into him as he passed. 

He walked to his first-class quickly, not fast enough a teacher would shout at him for running, or slow enough that they would shout at him for loitering. Not like he had any friends to talk to anyways.

He got to class and saw the class clown, Josh, throwing tiny paper balls at someone, and his sensible best friend, Sam, whispering something harshly into Josh's ear, making Josh stop and give Sam an annoyed look.

Harry looked around the room, looking for someone to sit with, he did this every day but ended up sitting alone anyway. His eyes settled on George. He was friends with Sam and Josh, he was nice enough and had a great sense of humor. George suddenly looked back at Harry, catching his eye, and smiling.

"Shit", Harry thought. He didn't want George to think he was some weird kid who liked him.

He walked to the back corner of the room, being careful to not look at anyone or to make eye contact with anyone again. He sat down in his little corner and took his pencil out to take some notes. Over class he notices Josh and Sam glancing at him and then talking to each other, Harry decided he was probably just seeing things.

After his class, Harry tried to get out of there as fast as he could, getting his things together in a rush. When he was halfway across the room, George ran up to him. 

"Hey lad, how are you", He cheerfully started out.

"Yeah, I'm okay, thanks", Harry replied nervously, as he wanted George to leave in fear of him embarrassing himself.

"do you want to sit with us at lunch today?", he asked. Harry was taken aback, to say the least. Why would they ever want him to sit with them?

"Yeah, sure", Harry smiled and started to walk away.

"See you around then", George shouted from across from the room. 

"Yeah", Harry replied before walking out. He couldn't believe someone wanted to be his friend, he hoped they were sincere.