❃28❃

MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND A BIT OF VIOLENCE FURTHER IN THE CHAPTER.
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
Wooyoung felt at peace. His legs carried him around the Kirk with no specific spot in mind. The place was the epitome of tranquility considering that it is technically this world's church, but this was much better and more luxurious than the ancient churches in Wooyoung's old world.

The entire place was similar to a Roman temple. White pillars framed the front part of the several buildings on the sacred land, a few people milled around while waiting for the on going mass to finish inside the main hall, and the landscaping was well kept apart from a few plants that were left to over grow for the natural feel.

Now this was helpful for his stress from earlier to go down just for a bit.

He wasn't sure for how long he's been walking aimlessly for, but he trust that San will find him soon enough. The male kept touring the place for another while, until he saw double oak doors left ajar. Wooyoung knew that he shouldn't intrude in the room but he couldn't contain his curiosity as he kept going closer to the mysterious room.

When he couldn't see anything after peeking in the room with his eyes, he ends up sticking his head inside before fully entering the room. He stood at the doors in awe while taking in the room in front if him. In the middle of the room had three statues on separate podiums. The only logical thing that he could think of was that this room was possibly a shrine or offering room. His attention however, goes over to the female statue to the right. As he scans over the abundant pile of different things on the floor, his eyes then land on the gold plate that was bolted on the base of the statue.

"Aria."

Saying the Goddess' name felt like it was forbidden. Wooyoung eyed her statue with great interest. She had on a dress and hood that was sculpted so that the fabric would have this flowy effect. Her eyes were covered by a mask of sorts with elegant details to signify that no one actually knows what she looks like. And her hands rested in front of her as if she was holding something. Or better yet, create something out of her magic.

The male was caught in a trance by her unknown beauty. Though, that trance got quickly broken when he heard screaming from outside of the room. Stripping his attention to what was happening outside, Wooyoung bows at the statue as a sign of respect before checking on the commotion.

Outside, he finds people running for their lives as Tenebroses created havoc around them. The male began to panic as he didn't know what to exactly do. His thoughts suddenly go to one person.

San.

He starts dashing through the place to find the prince, using the columns to his advantage by hiding behind them to avoid getting caught by a Tenebros. The once peaceful Kirk was now thrown into chaos as cursed monsters were on the hunt. Wooyoung ran out of columns to hide behind, catching his breath as he pressed his back behind a column to figure out a new plan. He was in a different building, and he needed to cross an open area to reach the main building where the prince was mostly likely to be in. But in doing so, he could get caught by a Tenebros with nothing to help him fight.

His thoughts got cut short as he heard a growl. Turning around, he saw a Tenebros four columns down from where he stood. The creature began sniffing around the air, trying to find itself a new victim. And as Wooyoung feared.

It saw him.

The Tenebros and the male somehow made eye contact when the monster didn't really have them. But it let out an inhumane roar before it began charging for the apprentice. Wooyoung ran as well, skipping over the two small steps of the building and onto the open area where he ran for his life.

Halfway through the courtyard, the male turns his head around to check on the Tenebros chasing him. Regardless of him already running of what he thinks his maximum speed level, he pushes his running further as he saw the closing distance that their was between him and the cursed monster.

Focused on his running he felt everything slow down so suddenly. What he didn't see was that he was running on grass with separated  stones in the ground to create a stone path that was supposed make the courtyard look nicer. However, this caused him his literal downfall. Just like his first time experiencing a Tenebros attack, he trips. Wooyoung had misplaced his foot, which led his shoe to hit the edge of a stone that was more above the ground level. His eyes widen as he felt gravity pull him to the ground.

And if things just had to be worst, the male didn't have enough time to cover heads as he fell. Resulting in him hitting the side of his head on another stone.

He knew he screamed in pain since he felt his mouth open and he knew his fall was bad since he felt blood drip on his temple, but it felt like he couldn't hear or feel anything. Everything was suddenly silent for him. He couldn't hear the Tenebros' roar as it ran closer to him, he couldn't hear the other people around him screaming in fear, and he couldn't hear the person calling out for him. Nothing but his heartbeat and the ringing in his ears was all he heard before the world around him turned black.

“Wooyoung!”

San dashed over to where the male was laying down, pushing himself to beat the Tenebros from reaching his secret lover. The prince didn't hesitate to plunge his sword right in the monster's black crest as it was about to pounce on them. Its roar  fuelled San's anger as he watched it vanish in a black cloud before he dealt with two more Tenebros who wanted a shot to fight the royal, but ended up getting killed like the rest of them.

His chest heaved as the prince surveyed the area for any more cursed monster that could attack, but he relaxed just a little when he saw that no more Tenebirses were going after innocent lives. San's attention then immediately went over to Wooyoung who laid on the ground with a wound on his temple. The royal didn't hesitate to scoop the male in his arms and bring him to the front of the Kirk.

There, he saw Jongho and more knights arrived from the palace. “San!” The second prince went over to his brother, his eyes falling over to the person in the older's arms. He looks up to meet his brother's eyes. “Go. I'll handle everything from here.” San nods at his younger brother and entered the carriage that they used earlier, mindful to not bump their heads on the door. The coacher closed the door of the carriage, not saying anything as he went to the front and made the horses pull the box to get to the palace as quick as possible.

Staring at the apprentice that laid on his lap, San brought his hand up to push the male's dark locks away from his injured right temple. Gnawing at his bottom lip to keep them trembling, the royal held his secret lover closer as he did his best to stay calm since he knew nothing good would come out when he was blinded by anger.

Yet, he still wishes that he should have been there earlier for Wooyoung. He should have made the male go with at least one guard by his side. He should have sought after him the second his meeting was over instead of talking to nobles that weren't actually worth his time.

San's hand was entangled with Wooyoung's limp one, brushing his thumb over the back of it. Leaning in, the prince places a kiss over the apprentice's forehead.

“You'll be fine Youngie, I promise.”

The carriage soon arrived at the castle entrance and San didn't hesitate to bring the apprentice in his room again while he barked out orders, specifically to Maddox and his own personal servant.

The rest of the day turned sour in the palace, just about everyone was on edge once news of the prince and the apprentice arrived back at the castle with Wooyoung being injured. However, San didn't care for the rumours right now. His focus was only set on his secret lover in his bed so peacefully.

He would be fine, they will be fine. Everything will be fine.