❃15❃

TW: CHILD ABUSE AT THE FLASHBACK PART.
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Night had soon blessed the kingdom with its tranquility. Dark starry sky instead of a bright blue one, cicadas and crickets buzzed and chirped instead of singing birds, and silver rays from the moon shined isntead of yellow gold from the sun. Its calmness made it seem like it was just another ordinary day around the kingdom, and an ambush of Tenebroses didn't just ruin the entire Spring Festival.

The ambush was a mess to clean up. Both in the town and in the castle. Thankfully, no one got killed, leaving a few injured from the stampede of people who ran in terror or actually got attacked by a Tenebros. Knights, magic users, and medical professionals were all busy as they powered through everything to get at least half of the clean up done at the Capital. And then, there was the clean in the castle.

There was no physical attack on the palace, but San needed to discuss with his grandfather about the matter. However, he needed to leave his room and report the incident in the throne room where his grandfather would be waiting for him, and he couldn't find it in himself to step out of the room. Especially, if it meant leaving the sleeping male alone in his room even if it was just for a short amount of time.

After his order about getting the doctors and magic users in his room with the added new threat instead of the death one, Maddox soon visited the prince's quarters to do his task of cleaning and changing Wooyoung until a few men and women came knocking on his door after about two minutes when he arrived in his bedroom himself. The Imperial Prince watched everything on the side silently, causing the doctors and magic users to look at one another warrily. All of them scared to just even breathe or move wrong.

Not used to the silent and bone-chilling atmosphere as they made sure that they did everything perfect to the T as they treated Wooyoung.

It was around an hour until all of them finished their work, from putting ointment to the smallest scratches to getting rid of every single trace of dark magic on the male. A man was brave enough to speak and tell the royal that they'll be taking their leave and that they'll just instruct the prince's personal servant about the after care before they all left the room, the situation scarring them for life.

Jongho and the others saw the terrified group before entering the first prince's room themselves. Wooyoung's friends made a break for the younger towards the bed and let out a couple of tears seeing the male in a similar situation a second time. The second prince urged his brother to visit the king and report the incident with the reassurance that he and the others would watch over the healing male.

So San left with a sigh to meet his grandfather in the throne room. He knew that the meeting would only end with him having more things on his plate and aching feet from standing the entire time, but he made sure that he could try to end the meeting quickly and go back to his room.

And that's how San ended up where he was now. On his desk, in his room, and a sleeping Wooyoung on his bed.

The flame in the oil lamp flickered about as it became the second source of light that was in his room, the other being the moon's light that protruded through the windows and the balcony door. San wrote down a list of the things that needed to be done to the town for the continuation of the clean up, also adding a few notes about them. His fingers go to pinch the bridge of his nose, his eyes closing for a moment to let them rest from reading the black letters.

Leaning back, he drops his quill and stretch his fingers before carding them through his all ready tousled hair. His shoulders and lower back feeling nothing but thankful for letting them unravel from being so tense for some time. His eyes then lift from the papers on his desk to the sleeping figure on his bed.