𝟎𝟕𝟑: 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬.

After John B rode of the group were all concerned about what he was going to do with gun

After John B rode of the group were all concerned about what he was going to do with gun. It didn't take a genius to know he was going after Ward and honestly, Saylor wanted to do the same. The only difference is she has her friends with her to talk to sense into her before she acts out.

John B on the other hand...

They all seemed to be pretty hung up on the idea of John B shooting their fathers killer, after all he deserved it. But Saylor knew he wouldn't do it. He isn't a murderer.

Carol.

The majority of Saylors anger was directed at Carol. No longer would the Routledge girl refer to her as 'Mother'. She doesn't deserve that title and quite frankly she never did.

She remained on the HMS Pogue rubbing her hands on her temples, basking in her anger and sadness.

She wanted to go home... she wanted her brother.

"What now? We just go up to the front door and ask, 'Hey, have you seen John B?'"

"Look, he lives at Tannyhill now. It's plausible." Kie reasons, obviously stressed as she rubbed her hands together.

"It's pretty late."

"Look, I've never seen John B like that. We should honestly be going to the cops." Saylor and JJ both scoff at Kies comment.

"The cop... Yeah, and say what, Kie? We're worried about our friend because he's on a rampage because Ward Cameron killed Big John?" the blonde sassed earning a look from Pope at the slight insensitivity of his argument.
"Like, they're not gonna believe us!"

"Hey, I see Ward."

"Doesn't look dead to me. Let's go home." Pope sighed in relief and began turning towards the boat. Saylor also started to relax at the thought of going home.

"Wait. What?"

"Uh... Okay. Obviously, Mr. Cameron is fine, and even if John B was here, he isn't now, okay?" He took a deep breath before continuing. "Plus, I have the biggest, most important moment of my life in six hours."

"Yeah, well, our friend is in trouble." Kie raised her voice looking shocked that Pope wanted to leave.

"I'm in trouble. Guys, I haven't been home in three days. My dad's probably put all my shit on the street by now."

"Okay, so that's it? In a time of need, you're just gonna bail? You're just gonna walk away?" The anger in the wavy haired girls voice was evident and Saylor just wanted them all to stop.

"Okay, yo, guys, can we not do this right now?" JJ cut in both after seeing the tired look on his girls face and out of fear the Camerons would hear.

"Hey, I have a scholarship interview in the morning. I can't..."

"Okay, well, what about John B?" Kie fired back.

"Why is it always about John B?" Saylor agreed with Pope. Since she came back everything seemed to be focused on her brother. Not that she cared of course, she loves him and will do anything for him but it doesn't mean she's happy that all her friends (and herself) get pushed aside.

The argument then became heated very quickly resulting in both of them saying things to purposely hurt the other which they would both soon regret.

"STOP! JUST STOP!" Saylor yelled gaining all of their attention. "Kie I get it ok, you want to help John B and I do too, we all do. I know your looking out for him and I appreciate it I really do but I will be dammed if I let what Ward Cameron did get in the way of Popes scholarship. Pope has worked his ass of for this and you should be supporting him and not making him feel guilty for putting himself first for a change! Now get on this fucking boat before I leave all your asses here because quite frankly this day is up there with the top 3 worst days of my life, and believe me when I say there are plenty of contenders and I just want to go home!"

Her eyes held so much emotion that neither member of the trio could bare to look at for more than a few seconds. Faster than you could say "fuck you Ward Cameron" they were on the boat.

Kie sat at the front whilst Pope went to the back of the boat. Saylor stood tucked under her boyfriends arm as he drove not wanting the other two to think she was picking sides.

Kies house was the first stop as they were all ready on the rich side of the island. Saylor held out her hand and helped the girl jump onto the dock earning a appreciative smile back.

The Routledge girl then jumped off the boat and onto the dock with her which confused all of them. Saylor then pulled her into a hug which Kie accepted instantly.

No words were shared and they didn't need to be. Saylor was giving Kie and thank you hug and Kie was giving Saylor a "I'm sorry you found out your ex boyfriends dad killed your dad" hug.

They waited until they saw Kie was safely inside her home before making their way to Heywards.

Pope was staring out into the water with his lip pulled between his teeth when he felt someone sit next to him. He didn't need to turn his head to know it was her.

Saylor rested her head on his shoulder and laced her fingers with his as his arm rested on his lap. "Thank you" Pope whispered his voice heavy with emotion.

No one cared for him the way the girl did and he knew that, no one understood him the way she did, no one ever appreciated him the way she did. Saylors response came in the form of a hand squeeze.

JJ watched the two and his only thought was 'how did I become so lucky'. He couldn't comprehend how lil old JJ Maybank who had nothing more than a few scrap coins to his name had bagged himself a girl so compassionate, so beautiful, so pure. He had no clue how he did it but he couldn't be happier that he had.

When they reached Heywards the two reluctantly separated from their safe haven and jumped onto the dock.

The scene was much like the one that played out minutes prior with Kie but only this time Pope was the one to initiate the hug.

The second Saylor felt his arms around her she felt her walls begin to crumble. JJ watched the tear make it's way down her face as she rested her head on top of Popes shoulder and he could swear he felt part of his heart break at the sight.

After a solid 2 minute hug they pulled away and rested their foreheads against each others. Pope raised his hand to wipe away the singular tear, the only one Saylor let fall and she smiled at the action, so did the blonde on the boat. He then placed a kiss on the crown of her head before making his way up the dock.

JJ outstretched his hand to the girl and cocked his head to the side. "Home?" He asked softly.

"Home" she confirmed taking his hand inside her own and stepping onto the HMS Pogue.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ