"Lightning Style: Lightning Beam Jutsu!" I sheathe my swords and put my foot down on the water before I thrust my right hand forward. A beam of silver lightning shoots for the blue skinned man as he runs for me with sword ready. This was one of my more basic Jutsus I've created.

Kisame stops short but fails to avoid being hit by my Jutsu. He cries out as he's sent sailing back before stopping. I leap back to the Jounin, eyeing the Akatsuki members wearily.

"Is that the best you could do? I'm rather disappointed, Sharkface," I say as he gets back to his feet.

Kisame glares daggers at me as he growls, "I'll hack you to pieces!!"

"Right back at you, Sharkface!" I snap. I ready my stance as I ignore the other Jounin watching me in shock.

Just when Kisame is about to run at me, Itachi cuts in. "No, Kisame. We're pulling out." This causes his companion to look at him. "We're not here to fight a full scale battle, tempting as it may be, it's not the way to do this. Let's go."

Kisame says, "That's too bad. It was just getting fun. They don't know how lucky they are."

With that said, Itachi and Kisame Body Flicker out of the village. Asuma and I both scowl.

🗡🗡🗡

We're in Kakashi's apartment, in his bedroom, and I'd just finished healing everyone's wounds, including my own. Asuma had a nasty gash down his arm from Samehada. Kakashi lies motionless in bed, his headband having been removed.

 Kakashi lies motionless in bed, his headband having been removed

I have my Crystal Telescope sitting in my lap just in case. It shows the area surrounding the apartment.

I sit on a chair beside Kakashi's bed, having healed his wounds. Asuma and Kurenai are standing around Kakashi's bedroom. I'm not sure if I have the ability to heal his mind.

I gaze worriedly at my Sensei, my head lowered slightly. I hope he'll be okay.

I speak up, "The Akatsuki are troublesome, but from the looks of things, it appears they haven't found Naruto yet

I speak up, "The Akatsuki are troublesome, but from the looks of things, it appears they haven't found Naruto yet."

Asuma says as he perches on the desk, resting an arm on his leg, "That's what's crazy. It doesn't add up. I mean, they had already infiltrated the village. It should be easy for them to find Naruto around here."