Chapter 2: Italy

[Lovino's POV]

So, here we all are. Italy. This place is so damn beautiful... I've never been someplace so colourful and full of life. Once all of us had pulled back our wings and hidden them well, we went out into town, in disguises of course, and everyone else in the flock was as excited as I was. Feliciano kept pulling me around and pointing things out left and right. Arthur and Kiku were walking together and Arthur was pointing out a few things smiling, actually smiling, and Alwilda was walking with Peter, saying a few things to him every once in a while with a sweet smile on her unusually pale face. Antonio tagged along with Feli and I, being his normal annoying self, and putting an arm around us both with his wide dorky smile.

"This country is so pretty, eh?" Antonio grinned happily, watching Feliciano go up to the market to buy something and pulling me into an awkward hug, making my face flush a bit. Luckily he didn't really notice, that airhead.

"I guess.." I answered nonchalantly, pulling away from him, which caused him to look at me fake pouting.

"Aw, Lovi. Lighten up! We should enjoy ourselves while we can here!" He exclaimed and dragged me back over to Feli, who turned and, seeing us approaching, smiled and waved.

"Ve, ciao Lovi! And Toni!" He called happily, jogging over and handing Antonio and I each a ripe orange-red tomato. "The man at the stand was saying the tomatoes are better grown here in Italy! Because it's so sunny, and they were cheap too!"

"Oh, gracias Feli!" Antonio chuckled and patted Feliciano on the head, who smiled brightly in response.

I munched on the tomato watching them, and to my surprise I felt the tiniest twinge of jealously. I quickly shook it off, confused. What was I jealous about... I looked up to Antonio staring me in the face and jumped, surprised.

"Are you okay, Lovino..?" He asked in a worried tone.

I tensed up, eyes widening a bit.

"I-I'm just fine, just...tired, I guess..?" I awkwardly stuttered, making excuses.

Antonio looked suspicious for a moment before standing up straight again and smiling warmly.

"We should get back to the hotel Arthur booked us at soon then... I'm sure we're all getting a bit tired by now. It's almost evening already!" He leaned back and used one hand to shade his eyes, looking up at the sky.

I fake-yawned and looked over at Feliciano, who nodded in agreement with Antonio.

"Ve, we should go look for everyone else, and head back." He stated quickly. "C'mon Lovino, let's go look for Peter and Alwilda! Antonio, can you go find Arthur and Kiku?" He asked.

"Of course, señor. We'll meet back here, okay..?" He smiled yet again before running off into the crowd in the direction Arthur and Kiku had gone to explore. Feliciano then started pulling me in the direction of the next street, where Alwilda and Peter were headed earlier.

I nonchalantly strode along looking for their familiar faces among all of the people when suddenly Feli and I, and I'm quite sure the rest of the people on the street heard a scream from somewhere in the market, then wings beating and Alwilda taking off into the air with Peter! Feliciano and I both looked at each other wide-eyed, and chased after them on foot as fast as we possibly could. I was so confused. Why are they exposing their wings in PUBLIC?! We'll be found out immediately if there's any spies in the crowd or tourists taking pictures!! Running off into the crowd, I felt just a bit of fear creeping it's way into my heart as I realized; there may be Erasers after them.