32 || My once upon a time

Maya's P

Maya's P.O.V

Ben leads the way to Fairy Cottage. As they bust inside, there was no one there. Jay then heads upstairs to check.

"She's not upstairs," Jay says as he comes back down. There is then banging on the door beside Ben.

"Chad?" Ben says as he opens the door to reveal the Blonde prince.

"I want my mommy," Chad says before Ben goes to help him up. "No."

"It's okay. What happened, buddy?" Ben tells him as CHad looks around at everyone scared.

"Ben. Ben!" Chad says as he recognizes Ben. "Your face. She's gone? Huh? The door is open. I'm free. Freedom! Oh! Freedom!" Chad then takes off running out of the door causing Harry to laugh at him.

"Ooh. All right. Let's get this Audrey chick taken up already. What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?" Uma says as they walk outside causing Mal to laugh before they fist bump.

"You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all teamed up," Ben says as he wraps an arm around Mal's shoulders.

"Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over," Evie tells Ben.

"Mal?" Ben asks confused.

"I have to tell you guys something. Um..." Mal says as she turns to everyone. "I lied to you. the kids won't be coming off the Isle."

"What do you mean?" Jay asks her, The program is shut down. And the barrier will be closed for good," Mal answers him causing Harry to shake his hook at her. Harry then looks at me to see if Mal is telling the truth, but I was just as shocked as the rest of them.

"For Auradon's safety," Ben adds.

"Hold up. So we're saving your precious people and your behind for a lie," Uma says as she walks over to Mal. "I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself.

"And you, King Ben aye...you're probably just gonna throw us all back inside," Harry says sadly as he walks over to Ben.

"You know what? I actually thought you were brave," Celia says as she walks over to Mal, "You're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again.

"Celia," Mal tries to say something but Celia grabs the ember from her. "Celia. Celia, no!" Celia then throws the ember into the water. "Celia! No! No." Mal quickly grabs the ember. "Regain your might and ignite!" No...Regain your might and ignite!" The ember lost it's glow and won't come back.

"Bummer," Uma says as she holds up her necklace. "Let's go find Gil and leave them all to rot." Harry looks at me waiting for me to follow Uma and him. I grabbed his hand and looked back at Mal, "I'm sorry." I told her and left as I would rather go back to the Isle than be separated from Harry again.

"No. Uh...Uma! Maya!" Mal tries as Uma, Harry, and I started to walk away.

"Evie...I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just...I thought that...I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my best friends. But I had to do something. I had to protect Auradon," Mal explains to them but Evie takes a couple of steps toward her.

"Closing the barrier was your idea?" Evie asks her.

"I did it for us. I did it for our life that we have here now," Mal answers her.

"For our life? What about your sister's relationship with Harry? What about the kids that we left behind on that island? The kids that we promised? We were their only hope. I thought you were gonna stand up for the V.K.s. But instead, you lied to them," Evie questions her before pointing at everyone, "And you lied to Maya. And you lied to Jay. And you lied to Carlos. And you lied to me. We're your family."

"Evie. Evie, come on. I had no choice!" Mal tries as her friends turn away from her, Ben turns to try and talk to Evie but there was suddenly a lightning strike and when Mal looks up, everyone in front of her had turned into stone. "No."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person P.O.V

"Here you are alone, and you deserve it
Your friends have turned to stone
And that's on you
You had a cause to serve but did you serve it?
Or did you see yourself in a way that wasn't true?" Mal sings as she walks over to Ben and touches his hand.

"Why tell all those lies?
You feel unworthy
Like there isn't solid ground for you to stand." Mal sings as she walks over to Jay.

"But a sacrifice is not
A firm foundation
You cannot build a castle
On a mountain made of sand," Mal sings as she kneels down beside Carlos and Dude.

"This is not your father's fairytale
And no, it's not your mother's fault you fail
So when your story comes to light
Make sure the story that they write." Mal sings as she walks over to Evie and touches her cheek.

"Goes once upon a time
She fought a dragon
Once upon a time
The beast was me
Once upon a misspent youth
She faced herself
She spoke the truth
That's how I see
My once upon a time
This time," Mal sings as she walks through the forest.

"Uma! Maya, stop! Please, stop! I need your help. We have a chance if we do this together," Mal says as she catches up to Uma, Maya, and Harry, stopping in front of them.

"Your friends kick you to the curb?" Uma asks her. "Good."

"Ben saw something in you. And today, Uma, I saw it, too. You care. Uma, you care about everybody. And Auradon is worth saving. Help us please," Mal says trying to reason with her.

"You talk pretty, but they've already made up their minds," Harry says to Uma and Maya.

"You brought this on yourself, Mal. You figure out how to fix it. Let's go," Uma says before the three of them walk away from Mal again.

"Life is not a storybook
But life unfolds in chapters
Turn the page
And start to make amends." Mal sings as memories of her past starts to play.
"There's no pre-written
Guarantee
Of happily ever after
Step into your greatness
Before your story ends.
So when your story ends
They'll say
Once upon a time
She made things right
Once upon a tie that binds
She changed her heart
To change their minds
That's got to be
My once upon a time,
This once upon a time
Will finally see
My once upon a time
This time." Mal sings