𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

Eren crained his head upwards, trying to take his last look at the little sister he had sacrificed everything for, as she stood armed, gazing down at him, tears in her eyes

Eren crained his head upwards, trying to take his last look at the little sister he had sacrificed everything for, as she stood armed, gazing down at him, tears in her eyes. She swallowed, then prepared her weapon. "I'm sorry, Eren... I love you." With a swift swipe of Mikasas blade, the world faded to black.

And there was peace. Eren, the Island devil, didn't exist. No more pain. No more joy. Nothing. Just emptiness. The freedom Eren was seeking for so long... was in death, in the nothingness of nonexistence. The beauty of not feeling and not experiencing anything. And in a second that lasted an eternity, his peace was disrupted. And there was something again.

"No... this isn't right. You don't deserve this, Eren. It was my fault." A soft voice came echoing the vast emptiness that was currently cradling him. Was that Ymir? Eren tried to call out to her, but he had no vocal chords to speak. Was he dead? Had Mikasa done it? She must have. But... then why could he still feel pain again. The sorrow of his life was still haunting him. The realisation brought him frustration. Now he understood why Riener begged for death so adamantly. "You won't die, Eren. I won't let you."

Eren felt a warmth located in what he could only describe as his soul. But he didn't want it. He didn't want to live again. Living, breathing, thinking was torture. An agony so great that only death could cease it. He felt his soul being ripped back into a body. Suddenly, the freedom of being one with everything and nothing was being dragged away from him, limiting him to a single organism.

He shot his eyes open to see himself back in the paths, Ymir crafting him a new body out of sand. He sat up wearily and gazed at his sand chest, being slowly converted to flesh, sinues working its way down to his torso. As he watched her completing his legs, his heart was engulfed in anger.
"What are you doing!?" he screamed. His pupils constricted, and shifter marks dug into his cheeks. "I can't go back! I dont want to!" He grabbed his hair so tight he could've torn it right out, unable to move his body until Ymir was done. But soon, the fire in his chest burned out. His anger died as fast as it started. He was too weak to be angry anymore. He was too weak to exist anymore. Rage was just too draining. "Just... let me die, Ymir," he gently sobbed.

Ymir looked up at Eren, her brows furrowed, and eyes softened. "I can't let you have the same life I did, Eren. I will have learnt nothing."
"Oh, now you talk," he grumbled, turning his face from her and gripping the sand. Ymir hung her head down low.
"This isn't the freedom you deserve. Death isn't the only salvation. You can still experience freedom in life."
Eren's voice shook as he spoke. "If I go back, the world will scream for my head. Only my people will know why I did what I did. Mikasa will try to save me, and the Other Eldians will try too. My people will still be devils in humanities' eyes." His head shot up to face Ymir, teeth gritted and eyes watering. "All that death would be for nothing. I can't let it be for nothing."
Ymir stood up, finished with Eren's body, and watched him curl up into a ball. "You aren't going there." Ymir admitted.
Eren froze. "What?"
Ymir turned to gaze at the beautiful glowing tree of paths that held this place of endless earth and sky together. "I'm sending you somewhere else. Free from my mistakes. Where you can finally be yourself with someone who cares about you." She smiled, walking toward the light. "Once you leave, I'll finally die. And titans will be no more. Our people will be free." She turned to Eren. He gazed at her, now appearing older than she was when she died those 2000 years ago and far older than the form she took, listlessly dragging herself through the paths. A fully grown woman; wise and matured. With tears in her eyes, she whispered, "And you will be too."

Eren felt his heart shatter. He didn't deserve this. He wanted to at least die by Ymir's side. He couldn't leave her alone, after all she's gone through. Yet time and time again, people risk their happiness for Eren's sake. He stumbled before standing up and running to Ymir. "Wait! I-"
"Goodbye, Eren."
"NO!" Eren reached out to Ymir, his fingers just inches away from her, before he was devoured by that firmiliar yellow lightning.