nineteen ; star-crossed lovers.

Start from the beginning

without hesitation, sunghoon stood up, rolled his sleeves, and approached the girl to carry her. 

"one more step, or you meet death." being carried at this level of dizziness would make her feel like she was riding a rollercoaster.

he retraces his steps, sits back on the couch, and gives her a thumbs-up. "i choose life and peace."

she removes her hands from her face, strands of hair falling down to replace her hands. "tell pres i'll be going home early. i'll finish my stuff tomorrow." she breathlessly mumbled.

she managed to turn off her laptop and stuff it back to her laptop sleeve and place it inside her backpack. when she finished zipping close her bag, a hand appeared in front of her. sunghoon's hand did.

"careful," he said, offering her his hand.

a mind that couldn't put two and two together stared at his slender hand.

"you want to hold my bag?"

he smiled. the smile that did not have an inch of tease in them. genuine and handsome. that irritating smile of his that she could not get enough of. "you and your bag," he corrected.

warmth coming from the fever and his words was quite much for her to handle indeed.

she said nothing and accepted his hand, and stood up with his assistance. he gently pulled her up as her body was in the verge of falling. reflexes that could be mistaken for Flash caught both of her hands. her head drooped low.

"don't worry," she heard him chuckle lowly at her, "i got you."

her imagination was running wild despite the fever clouding her mind. she was sure she had imagined his grip tightened on her hands. or, was it not really her imagination and was actually reality?

"thanks." she muttered, unable to look at him face to face from above. because if she looked above her heart may have burst.

"can someone take a hint and realize we're three people in this room?" seola mumbled a quick apology to sunoo as she tried to release her hands from his own.

he loosened his grip slightly, which confirms the theory that him squeezing her hand was not her imagination.

though, for her mental well-being and to avoid actually going crazy because of park sunghoon, she'd rather believe it was all in her little, disoriented mind.

his stare never disappeared from hers as he lowered their hands. "can you walk yourself home? i'll accompany you," she lightly shook her head. all she needed to do was to walk a couple of steps to the bus stop, scan her bus card to pay, sit in the front seat, and wait for her stop.

"i'll be fine."

a boy's persistence was no joke. "how about i assist you down the stairs?" he suggested, "in case you'll fall."

"because, if you ever do fall, it should only be for me." he decided to add.

she raised her head to shoot him a look.

he removed his hands from her completely and held them up like he was surrendering, "hey, i thought it would cheer you up."

it did not.

she lowered herself to grab her backpack and extended the object to him. 

"carry."

he accepted it gratefully, slinging the straps both over his shoulder in front of his chest. he proceeded to elegantly hold out his hand once more, slightly bowing towards her direction. she takes his hand once again. their hands intertwined.