Chapter 6 - The Past (Part 1)

Taehyung: "Are you ready yet?" He asked. He is standing at the door while she's in front of the vanity mirror applying lip gloss.

Jisoo: "Almost done." She answered before slightly pursing her lips after applying the coral shade lip gloss.

Taehyung: "No rush. It's still early." He said as his eyes locked on her heart-shaped lips.

Jisoo: "All done now!" She announced as she looked at herself in the mirror. "Let's go?" She turned to her side and faced him.

Taehyung was lost in the moment

Taehyung was lost in the moment. "She looks ethereal. When did she get this beautiful?" He thought. He was looking at her with different emotions. Jisoo slightly furrowed her eyebrows. She's a bit confused about how he looks at her.

Jisoo: "Tae? Let's go?" She asked softly.

Taehyung: "Huh?" He got his senses back. "Ow, you're ready. Okay, let's go." He said as he turned around and left.

Jisoo was still confused but she shrugged it off. She doesn't want to be bothered by anything right now. Tonight, Taehyung's company is holding a launch party for a collaboration project between Kim's Corporation and Park's Company. Jisoo's anxious about attending this type of event but she had to go as a support to her husband.

-

It's 7 PM. Taehyung and Jisoo arrived at the venue. As expected the event is packed with popular names in the business world from both the Kim and Park families. Taehyung is in his usual confident, intimidating and powerful aura. Everyone can tell that he is the boss, someone who's superior amongst the people in the crowd.

 Everyone can tell that he is the boss, someone who's superior amongst the people in the crowd

And there's Jisoo. Everyone can agree that she's looking elegant and beautiful. But, just by looking at her, anyone can tell that she's very timid, someone who lacks confidence and cannot blend herself with a group of successful people.

It's her husband's event and she definitely does not want to embarrass him with any stupid action that she might do because of feeling extra nervous. Sure, some of her close friends are also attending the party but she still can't find peace with the thought that she has to stay in the event for a couple of hours.