I cuddled Chocolate closer to me and went back to thinking. I sighed in frustration. The gears in my brain seemed sticky and stuck since I can been thinking in circles all day. I squeezed Chocolate tighter and stared at the ceiling. I needed to clear my head and to do that I had to go out. Sitting in my room for the rest of the night would drive me insane and there was no way I could hide how I was feeling from J. I had been lucky enough just to see him in passing today so he hadn't gotten a chance to really analyze me.

I chewed my lip deciding what to do. I didn't feel ready to talk about this yet, partially because I didn't want to hear the answer. I needed something to clear my head first. I continued to stare at the ceiling. Even if I somehow made it out of the penthouse, it's not like I would be able to stay away long. I had zero doubt that wherever I went, J would find me pretty quick. I winced thinking about what would happen when I got back. Was it even worth it? My mind screamed at me, yes it was worth it. I knew full well I would get in trouble and I wouldn't be able to run from this forever. The clubs had been my safe space for so long though, that that was where I felt like I could just be. Getting absorbed in the club music and the sea of dancing bodies was intoxicating. 

I stood up from my bed. I honestly needed this. After these few months of being in the penthouse I needed to remind myself I was my own person. Not an attachment of the Joker. I had a full adult life before this that I wanted to remind myself of. All this talk of me being the baby made me need this. I walked into my closet and rummaged around till I found an outfit I liked. I quickly slipped it on and applied some hurried makeup. I didn't know when J might come so I needed to go asap.

Somehow (by god's good grace?) I made it out of the penthouse

Somehow (by god's good grace?) I made it out of the penthouse. I quickly snuck through the shadows till I was far enough away from the warehouse that I could call an Uber without raising suspicion. I had briefly debated on whether to bring my phone or not but I knew I needed to. Even though it made it a million times easier for J to find me, that might be a good thing. I was going somewhere on my own, in the middle of the night, to a club. I needed the safety of it. Plus I'd be dead if I didn't when J eventually found me. Though that wasn't off the table yet...

I made my way to a club that wasn't owned by the Joker since I was hoping that way no one would recognize me. At all of J's clubs, people knew who I was. After I had gotten into the club I headed straight to the bar and sat down. I ordered three shots which I downed in quick succession making the bartender raise their eyebrows. I just smiled and ordered a rum and coke. I had worked in a club for five years so it took a good bit of liquor to get me as drunk as I wanted to be.

I sipped that for a little bit, just people watching. It was a Tuesday so there weren't as many people there but it was still a good crowd. My eyes slid over the mass of bodies dancing to the beat. I smiled downing the rest of my drink before approaching the dance floor. I soon got lost in the music. I felt the beat make it's way through my body, making me feel lighter. I had been right, I needed this.

Soon, I was ensnared in the swirl of music and liquor. I got drunk enough to feel good but not enough to lose my facilities. No matter where I was I knew better than to get that wasted. I also made sure to stay away from the men. I didn't need the hassle and I didn't want to chance one of them recognizing me as being Joker's. I had brought a weapon (obviously) but I wasn't keen to use it. I had felt my phone buzz a couple times in my bag but I ignored it. They'd come eventually, I wasn't going to make an easy job even easier for them. I was happy to dance and drink for as long as I could. Reality wasn't my problem right now.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Around one-thirty in the morning I saw Frost enter the club. I briefly debated hiding in the bathroom but I decided against it. The club would close at two anyway so I would have to leave soon either way. Frost made his way over to me quickly. I pretended not to notice anything as he snatched my wrist. I spun towards him pouting,

"Here to end my fun Frost?"

"Don't make this harder Blaire," he said lowly.

"I wasn't planning on it," I replied shrugging. "I knew this was coming, I'm not dumb."

"That's debatable," Frost mumbled as he pulled me towards the exit.

"Hey!" I protested indignantly.

Soon we were outside and the cool air helped clear some of the fog from my head. The change made me suddenly dizzy. I stumbled to a stop and leaned against the wall,

"Frost wait, I just need a second" I said, closing my eyes.

He waited patiently while I breathed for a minute. I knew we needed to get to the car though. It was unwise to keep The Joker waiting no matter how you felt. I'm sure he could see us anyway. We walked to the corner where I could see one of the black SUV's parked. I sighed reluctantly but made my way into the back seat as Frost opened the door. I slid into the seat, feeling J's presence overwhelming the car. I kept my eyes looking down, not wanting to look at him till I absolutely had to. I had expected anger but I didn't think I would physically feel it rolling off him in waves. As Frost got into the driver's seat he spoke quietly,

"Frost, put up the divider."

Shit.

I heard the divider go up. As soon as it was fully closed, J's fingers dug into my chin. He forced my face up so I was looking him in the eye. They were hard and unforgiving.

"I'm not going to bother telling you what you did wrong since you clearly know. I don't think I need to tell you how stupid, unsafe, ill-advised, and naughty this was. You knew what you were doing when you left and you knew what would happen. Was it worth it?" he hissed.

I felt tears coming to my eyes but I held them back. He was right after all. I knew what I had done so I had to accept the consequences. I closed my eyes for a second before opening them again to look at him.

"I don't know," I whispered back.

His gaze shifted slightly at my words. He reached for something at his side and brought it in front of himself. Then he dragged my face to stare at the item.

"Does this stunt have something to do with this?"

Double shit.

My eyes widened at the sight of Chocolate held in his hand. I stared at them, frozen. I couldn't come up with a response. My mind and body rebelled, making terror build up in my gut. I felt myself getting nauseous. J must have seen how overwhelmed I was because he knocked twice on the divider. The car came to a halt. Wasting no time I flung the door open and proceeded to vomit and dry-heave onto the pavement for several minutes. J held my hair back the entire time, gently shutting the door when I was done. He had a box of tissues in his lap that he must have gotten from Frost while I was puking. Frost began driving again as J wiped off my face. Disposing of the mess, J pulled me onto his lap.

"I'm sorry Daddy, I didn't know what to do." I said quietly.

"You talk to me. Like we are going to once we get back," he replied.

I nodded and closed my eyes, just leaning into the comfort. I wasn't looking forward to this but I knew my time was up. I couldn't avoid this anymore.