Now, I don't know if Russians are built differently but on weekends, Ophelia would go on three hour walks sometimes without breaking a sweat in her fur coat even in California weather. Today was different though, someone did have the audacity to interrupt her morning walk—a tiny familiar 13 year old boy.

"Yo, Ophelia!" Ashtray's voice behind her yelled out.

"Ah.. it iz you again." Ophelia turns around. "I have zeen you more in ze past few days than my entire stay 'ere"

"Am not normally out this early but Fez needed help at the shop this morning" Ashtray caught up with her and the two began walking at a similar pace. "So, what's your deal?" He looks up to the tall girl

"My deal? 'Vhat you mean?" Confusion clouded her face.

"Like what brings you all the way here? Did ya'll move here for good?"

"Something about my father's business and as far as 'am concerned, I hope it iz for good"

"So I take it, you like it here"

"Do you not?" She inquired looking down at the boy as they walk towards the corner store.

"I'on kno. I guess. I don't kno much outside here. This shits my whole world, ya kno?" This got the kid thinking what it would be like to have had a regular life and the taught easily scared him. Ashtray's one brave motherfucker but the taught of being away from everything he knows, especially Fezco deeply frightened him. The two brothers would go to war for each other. They'd kill for one another and die for one another. "Where you headed to anyways?" He tries to change the topic

"Nowhere actually. I just wanted to walk 'vut I was thinking about getting a dog today." Ashtray looks up at her with interest at the mention of a canine, something Ophelia quickly picked up on. "'Vould you know where I could get one?"

"The shelter?" He replies as if it were common sense. "I mean, there's one a couple streets away but I'm pretty sure you'd need to bring paperwork—you know, ID's and shit"

"I don't think that vould be necessary" She lightly responds. "Vould you like to come? or does your brother need you?"

"Fez can manage" Ashtray quickly responds, fully knowing Fezco called him early today for good reason but he was always fond of dogs and felt oddly safe around the Russian immigrant.

It was a 9 minute walk to the nearest shelter. Ophelia knew right off the bat she didn't want to get a young dog. She wanted something calm and low maintenance. Basically, she just wanted some company at home.

The shelter was fucking packed. It was clear they were over capacity but didn't have the heart to put any of them down.

"It's probably cause no one in the town owns a damn dog" Ashtray comments. He wasn't wrong.

Ophelia walked around the entire shelter twice, making sure to look at every canine in the eye as if it told her anything about them until she eventually settled on the biggest fucking dog they had there. "That is not what I was expecting" Ashtray stares at her dog of choice.

"'Vhat did you expect?" She shrugs

"I'on know maybe a tiny pom or some shit. Anything but that"

"You no like him?"

"It ain't that. Just didn't know you were the typa girl" He smirks

"You do not know me then" She smirks back before facing the worker stood behind them. "I'll take him"

"Sure! I'll need to see some ID and proof of residency. Paperwork might take a week at most" She enthusiastically smiled at the blonde

"That will not be necessary" Ophelia flashed a sicken smile to the worker as she handed her a stack of cash she pulled out of her handbag.

The thing is, the Morokovs weren't in US soil legally. They had no paperwork or ID's they could show to anyone for anything. They carried a sickly amount of cash around because none of them had credit cards. They made sure everything about them was traceless. It was the one thing she had in common with Ash, they both weren't on government records.

The workers eye widened at the stack of cash handed to her but nevertheless accepted it and accommodated to Ophelia's demands. "Is there anything I need to know about him?" She asks

"Uhm.. His name is Carter—a retired military dog. We're not sure how old he is exactly but we're guessing around 7-9. He's well trained and should cause no problems as long as he's walked."

"Zat will be no problem. Thank you" The worker hands the leash over the Ophelia who gladly accepts it. "Do you vant one as well, child?" She turns to look at the boy.

He did. Ashtray had always wanted a dog but Fez never let him get one, said it was too much work. It had never occurred to the kid that he could just bring one home. What the fuck was Fez gonna do about it? take it back to the shelter? no fucking way.

"Uhh.. can I?" Ashtray unsurely looks up to Ophelia just like a child asking his parents for a new toy.

"Sure. Get Vhatever you want" She shrugs like its nothing but Ashtray already had his eyes set on one. It was a tiny Maltipoo that was scratching the walls of her cage, desperately trying to get closer to Ashtray.

"I figured Fez can't be mad once he sees this tiny thing" He stares at the dog with a minuscule of the smile on his face while Ophelia secretly passes the worker another stack of cash, nodding her head in Ashtray's direction.

Ophelia decided to walk Ashtray back to the corner store, where he was almost an hour and a half late. He had put his phone on dnd when he realized he wasn't showing up anytime soon despite having texted Fez he was on the way like two hours ago. He was carrying his new dog in his arms while Carter walked next to Ophelia. It was clear as day how happy the kid was.

"'Ey! you lil' shit. Where the fuck was you?" Fezco yelled when he spotted the two walking towards the store. He was sat out in front, waiting for Ashtray. He had thought something seriously bad had happened to the kid. It was one of the constant worries he had working in the drug business.

"Chill the fuck out. I got held up-"

"-Please fucking tell me that dog ain't yours" Fezco interrupted as he spots the tiny brown ball of fluff sleeping in his brothers arms.

"Don't yell. Can't you see she's fucking sleeping" Ashtray answered back, softly putting a hand over the dogs ears. "Insensitive, motherfucker" He mutters as he walks past Fezco. "Thanks for today. You're cool" He turns back to face Ophelia before letting himself into the cooler and shutting the door behind him.

This left Fezco and Ophelia standing awkwardly in front of the convenience store.

It was 5 days after they had first met and in those five days Ophelia bothered me non-stop about Fezco. I just kept telling her that he was interested. He wasn't though or at least he had never mentioned anything to me but it kept the girl happy so I continued to do it everytime she asked. I thought that as long as I kept her happy she would continue to unknowingly fund my Ocxy's. I never believed in love at first sight but at this time, I had already met Jules whom I was busy following around like a lost puppy so you know what, maybe it was love at first sight.

"Gud Morning, Fezco" She gave him a tight lip smile.

"Mornin'" He slowly replied, taking a hit out of his blunt. "So, you get that dog for him?"

"If I say yes, will you be angry?" She offers him an innocent smile. "He seem like he really wanted dog"

"Yeah, he's been bothering me about that fo years, thought he long forgot it by now" He blew the smoke out.

"'E's a nice kid." She looked at him before slowly shuffling away to go back home.

"What he name her?" Fezco yelled out as the girl began to leave.

"Princess!" Ophelia turned and yelled back before leaving his line of sight with Carter next to her.

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

a/n : let me know what you think of it so far? does the wrong grammar/spelling of ophelia's speech bother you too much? are the chapters too wordy? (the average word count is 2,000 right now) what do you think of ophelia's character? do you prefer a slow burn or an us against the world type of story?