four

it was now 2 am. i haven't gone to sleep, not once. haven't even thought about, i tried but grace flooded my mind.

2:03. the door opened revealing grace, who seemed exhausted and traumatized.

"grace olivia stark it is 2:05 in the morning where the hell have you been for 5 hours?" tony snapped. she flinched a little and just shook her head.

"gra-" before i could finish she was already in the elevator. "i- i'm gonna check on her." tony nodded in approval and i rushed into the elevator. once i made it to her room i knocked. no answer.

i went to open the door but hissed in pain. "ah- grace what the hell?!" the handle was really hot, like she did something to it.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT PETER?" her voice quivered, she sounded like she was crying and breathing heavily. i ignored the handle and rushed in to see grace having a full on panic attack.

i ran up to her and sat down against the wall with her. "hey, hey hey. look at i need you to breathe. in- and out- keep going.. c'mon grace you got this. in- and out-" i calmed her down, breathing with her. after maybe 5-ish minutes she was ok.

"t-thank you, pete. i'm s-sorry for shouting." she ran her hands through her hair, letting her face framing piece fall infront of her eyes like curtains.

she walked over to her bed and i sat down beside her, tucking a loose strand of bangs behind her ear. "anytime." i smiled sympathetically. "w-wanna watch a movie, it might help you calm down?"

she nodded and picked a movie. she smiled brightly as she pressed start, giggling. "what?" i questioned, laughing at her excitement.

my face went flat. "what the hell did you put on." she smiled a little before replying. "clueless." i frowned and crossed my arms. i hated this movie. she just giggled again and the actual movie began.

we sat at a reasonable distance, but a very unreasonable distance. "y'know, grace... i don't bite. you don't have to sit 1,000 feet away from me." i told her, she wiggled closer, next to me. she rested her head on my chest.

my arm went behind her and stretched across to leave my hand hanging from the cliff of her other shoulder. "b-" i cut her off. "we broke up." she nodded and snuggled into me more.

my arm went to her waist instead while the other slid down and i held her hand. "i love you.." she blurted out. "i love you, too." i kissed her softly, one of her hands on the back of my neck and the other still held mine.

we held there for a few seconds before releasing for air. "w-will you be my girlfriend.." i asked, nervously. "ugh shut up." she kissed me again, i couldn't help but smile against her lips. "is that a yes?" my voice muffled since we were still kissing.\

i felt her lips tilt up into a smile, it was a yes.

~

523 words in total