two

she walked up to ms. doherty's desk, they talked for a couple seconds, then she led her to her seat.

the empty one, next to me.

i felt ned nudge my shoulder and give me a look.

"h-hey i'm peter.." i said, smiling faintly.

"i know." shit, i forgot she's tony's daughter.

"oh, yeah.. sorry." god peter you're fucking embarrassing. i scratched the back of my neck.

she smiled and giggled a little. "don't worry about it. w-" she was interupted by the homeroom bell as the teacher began speaking.

ms. doherty wandered the front of the room, pacing back and forth slowly. "so as most of you may have noticed, we have a new student, grace stark." the room went silent at her last name, i felt bad.

she smiled a little and waved. oh the way she waved... it was perfect. she flowed her fingers around but her palm and thumb stayed still. "hi." i smiled just hearing her voice.

she was flooded with questions.

"bruh is tony stark really your dad?" her mouth opened to answer but more questions piled over. "i-"

"nah. she's probably faking it for attention, no way she's even related to him in any way." a girl from across the room said, clearly jealous. grace's face lowered as she fidgeted with her fingers, hands resting over her crossed legs.

i felt awful but there wasn't anything i could do. "uhm.."

thankfully, the teacher saved her. "ok, class that's enough. we're starting a project today, which you will do with your assigned partner." the whole class groaned at the words, most of them wanted to pick.

i was zoned out too much to hear ms. doherty announcing the pairs. "grace and- peter." right then i came out of my trance, head immediately turning to grace.

"if you want, peter, i'll start the presentation." oh. my god. her smile could light up an entire city. "i- uh yea sure." fuck.

she began typing but all i could do was look at her. i took in her features but her typing stopped. "there, i e-mailed it to you, and you should have access." i nodded, letting her know it worked. she was about to speak but the bell for science rang, which didn't matter because we stayed with the same teacher anyways.

i couldn't though, i was with bella already (pretend she exists tbh).

~

the 50 minutes of science went by fast, as when we were about to start typing, the bell rang for phys. ed.

"do you want to meet up at the tower after class, my dad would be happy to know we have a project together?" she asked, smiling.

"sure." i returned her smile as we walked out. surprisingly, our lockers were only 2 apart. hers being #203 and mine being #201

~

finally, the end of the day. grace and i were in two different classes, so i waited for her by the exit.

eventually, she popped out of the door. "hey peter!" she sounded happy.

we began walking, and we actually got along really well. she had a great sense of humor and understood mine.

"WHAT?!" she yelled, shocked.

"yea! one day i was on patrol and this dick did like the seatbelt thing, when you rob a car, you know?" she nodded slowly, curiously.

"so i stopped him and his damn car alarm went off- and it was his car!" at this point we were both playfully yelling.

"pete, oh my god you idiot." pete. wow.

i gave her a face, offended. she knew i was joking, though. i gasped, jokingly. "how rude." i pretended to be upset, but i couldn't contain my smile. we both ended up at a loss of breath due to laughter.

before we knew it we had gotten to the tower.

~

641 words in total