Chapter 16- "Seriously, Is This A Heart Attack?"

Start from the beginning

Just as I was about to ask her why she had a smirk on her face, the bell rung and the other students came in.

Guess I'll die.

Anyways, class went by smoothly, as per usual we had a lesson and other stuff.

We also had a test upcoming, but that's kind of irrelevant.

After the lesson and before school ended, the teacher ended up giving us five minutes to just do whatever we wanted in the class before the bell rung.

"Well, there's a test coming, how do you think you guys will do?" Makoto asks Kyoko, Hina and I.

"I don't know, I usually do pretty decent on tests" I answer with a shrug.

We started talking more and more, mostly about the test, until the bell rung signaling the end of the day.

As I'm about to head back to my dorm, I hear Kyoko calling for me.

"Y/N" She says.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Do you think you could stop by my room later today? There's something I want to talk to you about" She asks me.

"Uhh what?" I ask wide eyed and trying to hide the slight nervousness I had in my voice.

"Relax, I just want to talk about what I told you yesterday when we were heading back to the school from the trail" 

Wait, could this be about what I think it's about?

I remembered after leaving the trail Kyoko mentioned that after our whole conversation and her mentioning about how her grandfather practically manipulating her to hate her father, she said that she wanted to talk to her father and try to talk things out with him and apologize.

I just told her that's it's her choice on what she wanted to do, and whatever she did choose, I'd support her decision.

I guess if that's really what she wanted to talk about, I'd get to see what she chose to do.

"Oh, ok" I say with a nod.

"What time works best for you?" She asks.

"I'm fine with anytime" I say with a shrug.

"Alright, in that case, how about 5:00?" 

It was currently about 2:20 as of right now, so I had like about two hours to kill.

"Yeah, alright, I'll uh, see you then" I say to her, as I mentally curse at myself for how damn awkward I was acting this entire conversation.

"You too" She says with a nod before going to her room.

I sigh to myself as I open the door and immediately flop down face first onto my bed, with my arms sprawled and everything.

Y'know, I love how I said that I had about two hours to kill, yet this is how I'm spending it.

Overthinking everything and having a crisis.

I would go out right now just to talk to people and y'know, actually socialize for once.

But at this point I'm just gonna go take a nap.

And that's exactly what I do, taking into consideration how I had to get up at about 5:00 to go to Kyoko's room, and not really trusting myself to wake up in time, I set an alarm on my phone for 4:55.

I put my phone on my bedside table and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

*Timeskip*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off, I groggily turned it off, and for a split second I wondered why I set an alarm before realizing:

Ah, right, Kyoko wanted to talk to me.

I get up to try and make myself, y'know, presentable after just waking up.

And by the time I was finished, it was 5:00.

Alright, let's do this.

I walk out the door of my dorm, and I make my way to Kyoko's room.

Taking a deep breath, I knock on the door.

"Come in" I hear from the other side.

I open the door and I see Kyoko sitting down at the edge of her bed, as she saw me she patted a spot beside her.

Why the hell am I so nervous, It's just a talk Y/N.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask her, while once again, trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.

"Remember how I told you yesterday about how I wanted to talk to my Father to make things right between us, but I wasn't sure if I should?" Kyoko asked me.

I nod.

"That's what I wanted to talk about" 

Oh, wow, I actually got it.

"So, what did you choose to do?" I ask.

"I... chose to talk to him"

"Really? That's great! How did it go?" I say with a smile.

"Slow down there" She says jokingly with a laugh.

"Sorry, sorry" I say.

"It went... surprisingly better than I thought, I pretty much told him about all the things that my Grandfather had said about him, and apologized for believing in the lies my Grandfather had said, and also about how I want to make things right between us, he forgave me" She said, looking down at her lap.

"He said the exact words you said, how he doesn't blame me for not noticing anything as I was young" She said with a bitter laugh.

"But, I'm just glad I was able to make things right between us" Kyoko says looking up again with a smile. 

"Yeah, I'm really proud of you for doing so" I say to her, smiling.

After that, we both just stare at each other's eyes, and all was quiet.

However, that was immediately cut short as those feelings returned to me and I looked away while covering my mouth, however disguising it as just me resting my chin on my hands.

Wow, congrats Y/N, you fucked it up.

Somehow, Kyoko was still as cool as ever.

"Uh, well, I, uh, I should get going" I say, flustered, while pointing at the door. 

"Ok, before you go, I'd like to say, thank you for encouraging me to talk to my Father" Kyoko says.

"Huh, I really didn't do much, I just said no matter what you choose, I'd support your decision" I say.

"Yes, those words were what encouraged me" 

"Oh" I say with a nod, pretending to understand.

"You don't understand do you?" She said with a smirk.

"Nope" I say shaking my head.

She just laughs at me before saying.

"I'll see you tomorrow then"

"Yeah, you too, bye" I say while walking out the door and back into my dorm room.

I flop back down on my bed, with a really strong urge to just scream into my pillow.

Holy shit, what the fuck am I feeling?  

(A/N) Hey, thanks for reading Chapter 16 of this book. A few things to say for this one. One, thank you all so much for 2k reads, I know literally everyone says this, but dang I didn't think I'd get this far. And second, I forgot to say this in the last chapter, but we're at like the halfway point for this fic, this fic will end at Chapter 30, crazy how we've made it this far, and it's all thanks to you guys. That's all I gotta say for now, I'll see you all in the next chapter. Bye.