-10-

Chapter 10: forgotten past
Song: eventually by tame impala

Y/n POV

"He was a detective, best in the field they said" I answered William, thinking hard about my answer to his question. William was still gripping on to my hands. He started to pace around the room back into our old waltz we had a few minutes ago, the song still playing beautifully through the vinyl.

He hummed in reply, concentrated on my body beneath him and the words that came out of my soft lips.

"Even though, we lived in the city near by here, he got invested in the missing children investigation. The hurricane police department asked for the help of him and a few others. Him and the other officers went down town to take a look for clues, answers but there was nothing" my body moved around slowly with William.

He clutched on to my sweaty hands and muttered "faster" indicating that I should move with him quickly. The song was beginning to move in a faster pace now.

"Unfortunately, all the other detectives left the mystery and it was forgotten. But not to my brother he just couldn't accept it. He spent nights and days and I was starting to see changes in him. He was no longer the same" I started to tear up, my head landing on Williams chest.

His heart was beating in a fast rhythm. He slightly looked beneath me and a sympathetic look reached his face.

"Then one day, late at night my brother went down to Hurricane. He broke through Circus baby entertainment and rental and went searching by himself dangerously. That night I had received over 200 calls and" I stop in my tracks, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I get a knock at my door, my brother friends from the field stood their with faces of guilt. They broke it to me that my brother had been crushed in one of the mechanical machines named the 'scooper' " clutching on to Williams back I start breaking down crying.

Williams POV
I hug back softly, rubbing my delicate hand among her back. I felt sudden guilt for Y/n. When I heard on the news about the death that night, I grinned and laughed, if anybody saw me, they might of thought I was a maniac. But now I realised maybe I should of destroyed the thing.

I shake my head. No, it was no use. Y/n brother was after me , to get him caught. Besides he has nothing to worry now, Y/n was safe with me. For now until I know what I'm doing.

I place both of my hands on the mournful girls soft cheeks and rubs her tears with my thumbs. She looked suspiciously at me, but just let it happen.

Y/n POV

"Shh it will be okay, he was a good man, I promise" William hushed me, his silver eyes had gone soft now.

William pulls his hands away and sits up straight. He walks over to the Vinyl record, which was now screeching as it had finished its song. The screeching came to a stop as William turned it off. He cleared his throat and looked at the girl, his demeanour back to its usual form.

"Your break is nearly over, you should probably head out. Also don't tell anyone about what you seen" he grinned as he shook his hands that had now dried blood on it.

"Sure, child murderer" I raised my voice, William gritted his teeth in anxiety and annoyance. Skipping out of the room, I shut it behind me, and sighed in relief.

What the fuck just happened.

"Hey Y/n, we still on for the arcade tonight?" I hear a shout from behind me. I grin looking to my side, my best friend Daniel leaned against the wall with a mop in his hand.