34 - War Still Has to Happen

Start from the beginning

I looked away then said with a shrug "Well, that was just a mistake. Sorry I got too carried away"

There was silence between us, then he said "So you think it was a mistake?"

Squinted at him, then I crossed my arms "Is that so important for now? Focus! Tomorrow we're going to war! Remember to protect Mom and Dad. And don't forget.." I took a deep breath "you already have Tess."

He looked away from me then fell silent, looking thoughtful. After a while Arthur stood up and said "Protect Tess and I'll leave Elenoir to you" he said in a cold and commanding tone.

I fell silent hearing his voice..
Very strange to hear his voice like this..
He felt so far away.
Is he hiding his emotions from me?

He doesn't even need to ask me to protect Tess, because I will protect her.

He then walked towards the door.

"Arthur?" I said as I watched him leave. Arthur was just silent, without taking his eyes off, I continued.

"You too, good luck" I tell him.

He didn't reply and left the room.

When the door was closed, suddenly my knees felt weak and I immediately fell to the ground.

It's over, isn't it?
This is the end isn't it?
Well, what did I expect?
Only this, the best way for all.

I hit my cheeks to wake me up. Now, I also have to focus, tomorrow the war will occur. Get rid of all these teenage feelings.

Suddenly my communication scroll rang, indicating that someone was calling me. I opened the communication scroll and heard a familiar voice and a familiar image of someone from behind the communication scroll.

"Hi Ross! How was your day there? " He said cheerfully.

I smiled back at him "Hi Curtis, I'm fine, how about you?"

"Oh it's better this time after seeing your face haha. Wait?" His speech was cut off, he seemed to bring his face closer to see the communication scroll more clearly "Are you crying?" he asked surprised.

"W-what? Of course not!" I said while wiping my tears that didn't feel flowing down my cheeks.

"No, it's definitely not, your eyes are red, and you don't look well right now. Are you hurt? Did someone hurt you? Tell me who-"

"Curtis. No! I'm fine" I narrowed my eyes "Why do you always call me anyway? You can't just use this communication scroll you know. Besides it's royal property, it's also very expensive"

He was silent for a while "I'll use even thousands of communication scrolls to make sure you're safe" he said in a whisper, but I could still hear him.

I fell silent at his words and thought about this a few times, does Curtis have any special feelings for me? At first I just thought he only felt guilty for losing Kathlyn and thought of me as his sister, that's why he was so worried about me and took care of me. But these past few months, I think he had another feeling for me.

And I just hope he doesn't have special feelings for me. But even if there was, he would forget me in the future.

"Thank you" I said while rubbing my eyes. "Don't forget I'm even stronger than you, so you have to take care of yourself"

"Haha you're right, don't worry, I'll catch you up to the white stage soon"

"Yeah, keep on fighting"

He was silent for a while and said "Take care of yourself, I have something to say after this war is over, please don't get hurt too much" What did he want to say?