Concern for my teammate glimmers in my violet eyes as I jerk my head back to Gaara when he goes rigid with pain, the floating sand now having rained to the ground. Gaara breathes heavily, his breaths raspy.

The redhead raises his sea green eyes to Sasuke as he challenges, "Come on!"

The sand hovers around Gaara as the two boys stare each other down.

"Here goes," Murmurs Sasuke. He flips open his shuriken holster and pulls out two shuriken. Sasuke flings them at Gaara, standing motionlessly with his arms crossed. Sand rises up and blocks the shuriken. A copy of Gaara forms from the sand.

Temari says breathlessly, "The Sand Shield became a... Sand Clone!"

The Sand Clone shoots sand for Sasuke but he leaps up into the air, avoiding the attack. The Sand Clone throws Sasuke's shuriken back at him, but Sasuke deflects them by throwing more shuriken. Looming above the clone, Sasuke swings his leg around in a kick. The clone goes to block it but the kick tears its arms off.

Sasuke spins around on his hands before flipping back to his feet. He thrusts his left arm forward and it hits Gaara's neck. Sand wraps around it. Sasuke tries to get free but couldn't, so he punches the clone's face with his free fist, destroying it. This allows for him to charge right for the redhead who shoots up another wall of sand.

A smirk tugs up Sasuke's mouth

With incredible speed, the Uchiha vanishes from in front of Gaara, startling him, and reappears right behind him, much like in his fight with Lee. Gaara whips his head around as Sasuke launches his fist forward. Gaara's head rocks back with a groan of pain as Sasuke's fist connects with his cheek powerfully.

 Gaara's head rocks back with a groan of pain as Sasuke's fist connects with his cheek powerfully

The force behind the punch throws Gaara back and his sand races after him. It catches Gaara just before he hits the ground.

I stare at the Uchiha with a stunned expression. He's nowhere near faster than me, but from what I just saw, Sasuke could be close.

"So that's your Sand Armor, huh," Says Sasuke as Gaara sits up and the dust clears. The Armor begins cracking from Gaara's cheek. Sasuke holds up the back of his hand as he waves his fingers, smirking. "Come on!"