Act 2 - The Legend

(A/N: Imma keep their past appearance in this story :D )

"Grandma! I wanna go to that place!" The young boy around the age of seven beamed as he tugged softly his grandmother's hand as they descended the porch.

The old woman giggled at her grandson's enthusiam. "Alright, but remember to just stay only at the viewing point. Last time we went, you crossed the fence and almost gave us all a heart attack."

"That's because I don't want to just stand there and look at it. I wanna swim there!"

"Oh, my dear, I'm sure you know that that's not allowed."

The young boy pouted at his grandmother's reply. "But how will I prove that the siren is real?"

"And why do want to prove it?"

"Because everyone kept on saying that it is not real. That's just all made-up, even Izana doesn't believe on it anymore."

The old woman kneeled down on the soft sand below their feet as she held the boy's shoulders gently. A small smile was formed on her lips, creasing her features with wrinkles but does not waver her natural beauty. "My dear, the choice to believe isn't always something to be proven nor can it be forced upon. Sometimes it will only need one's joy and imagination to keep that belief alive, and other times, it just needs faith. Remember what I always say, Manjiro..."

"If you believe in it, nothing matters..."

"Hmm? You say something, Mikey?" A blond-haired teen that was shaved on the sides which showed his signature dragon tattoo on his head asked the other blond who was silently staring out the passenger window, his face expressionless despite the hearty laughters echoing inside the van.

"Ah, nothing," Mikey replied, sending a small smile towards his friend behind the wheel before looking out once again, his smile disappearing and his eyes became void of any emotion.

One might question how the young commander quickly changes his mood after entering the prefecture. When the day started, he and the rest of his gang were hyped up for their trip to Shizuoka and spend the next weeks in the Sano's 'beach house' as Emma liked to call it, but then he fell silent as they drove along the familiar road leading with a familiar and stunning view of the sea. Despite the others trying to strike up a conversation with him, he would either shrug, nod, or give a small smile; if needed, he would answer but it will be short and not as enthusiastic as earlier.

Although everyone knew what was going on their friend's head, it was Draken who knew by heart to not pester him from sharing. It was obvious to them that Mikey was quite fond of his grandmother — all of the Sano siblings were fond of the loving elderly woman — and her passing caused a great pain that still lingered up to this day. Who wouldn't? She was so caring and always have that warm smile on her face that could put you in ease everytime. Even the captains and vice-captains of Toman felt she's their actual grandmother since they frequently held their meetings in Mikey's room and she would always bring them their home-made snacks.

He chuckled as he remembered back when they were little, he and the rest of the founding members of Toman were always invited to tag along when the Sano family would go to visit the old woman's home where she grew up in. They would run around the shore, building sand castles, have water-gun fights, and have a heafty freshly grilled barbeque. They would also go sight-seeing on the popular spots in the area like the museum, shrines, and the waterfall at the end of town. But all of them would agree on what their most favorite place will be, which will be there first stop on the trip.

"Ah! There it is!" Baji exclaimed enthusiastically as he opened the van window and stuck his head out, his long black hair flowed on the wind.

"Baji-san! You're not a dog, get your head back in!" Chifuyu, his vice-captain, panicked as he pulled the first division captain back on his seat.