Panic

There was a small whimper from the left side of the bed. The pillow that Romano had just been sleeping peacefully on was ripped out from under him and curled into a pair of strong, pale arms. The Italian groaned and rolled over, blindly reaching around for his pillow. But it was clamped tightly into those arms, so green eyes slowly opened and stared sleepily at the blond that was laying beside him.
He was met with fearful, wide blue eyes that were rimmed with red, tears streaming down the face that they belonged to. Matthias Køhler had stolen Romano's pillow and was now clinging to it for dear life.
"Can I-" Lovino went quiet as he suddenly realized that his boyfriend was crying. "Why are you crying?"
The northern country shook his head quickly and shoved his face into the pillow. He hated acting weak around the Italian, since he usually got an eye roll in return. When he felt Romano try to pull the plush object from him, he let it go. Denmark then rolled over to try and calm himself down, but his breath hitched and he started to cry again.
Romano sat up, sluggishly rubbing his eyes and then looking over at Danmark. Not understanding why he was crying, he used a single finger to poke the bare shoulder of the blond. He got a stiffened shrug of that shoulder and small sob. "What is wrong with you?" He grit his teeth, sitting up on his knees and peering over the tall Dane.
"N-nothing." He let out a quick reply before turning away even more. The glistening blue eyes scanned the room quickly, and as he saw an odd shadow in the room, a squeak came from his lips. Suddenly, Romano found himself tugged against the chest of the Danish man. There was a long moment of silence before Lovino shoved himself away, crossing his arms. "Not until you tell me what's wrong."
Matthias clamped his eyes shut and curled up a bit more, before letting out a small whimper and and then opened one eye. "Something bad is going to happen."
Italy scoffed and rolled his eyes, before silently moving back into the Dane's arms. He wouldn't say so, but he hated to see this childish man upset and crying. They were tired, which meant his crying was a bit worse. "Nothing bad is going to happen. Seriously, stop acting like a child, bastard." His voice was soft, nonetheless.
"Sorry." His voice was tight and Denmark nuzzled his face into the Italians hair. Sometimes, the man just had small panic attacks over nothing. He would believe that something horrible was going to happen, and wouldn't be able to calm down for ages. It was rare that these attacks would happen, since he tended to be strong both mentally and physically.
"What's wrong this time?" Italy Romano asked in that soft voice he tended to reserve for only Denmark, and his tan hands ran gently over the larger man's arms. He could feel goosenips rise under his hand and he smiled internally, glad he could still, after centuries, make him nervous.
"Something's going to happen, Romano." He said in that petrified child voice, and soon was shaking. Today they were at Romano and Feliciano's house, so there was no Finland or Norway to get to help calm him down. Romano would have to do it alone, something he hadn't quite grasped the concept of.
"Nothing will happen..shh." He lifted his hands and ran them through the Danish man's hair, fingers easily gliding through since he had showered before bed, and there was no product in it. Denmark visibly relaxed at this, and Lovino immediately knew what he hadn't learned yet. Matthias loved to be pet on the head.
Slowly, but surely, calming down, his head drooped down onto Italy's head and Romano gave a smile. He could start to hear the very gentle snores that the Dane always had, and moved to lay them down. Lovino was now awake, and would be for a while, since he tended to only fall asleep once per night. He would get tired soon, but for now, he wanted to watch Matthias.
The blond's face was slack and his mouth was slightly open, giving him more room to snore. His hair was messed up from being pet and tear tracks still littered his cheeks. Romano lifted his hand and rubbed the tears off with it, rubbing the droplets onto the covers. He wondered why Dane had these attacks, since they would thoroughly shake him up for a very long time; days to come. With a small huff, he laid back down and shoved the covers over them. He then turned away from him, closing his eyes and trying to sleep. Romano scoot back every few seconds, until his back was comfortably against the familiar chest of his boyfriend. An arm draped over his waist as he felt himself relax back into sleep.
Although they were on complete separate ends of the map, the two always managed to find time to be together. Romano didn't like the other Nordics all that much, but he put up with them for the sake of having Matthias around. He would never dream of saying it, but the man was his. He didn't have to have an explanation, but he had regularly beat up anyone who had dared touch him. Or insult him.
Or tried. He was still Italian, but when he got truly angry, he had left a lasting bruise on Sweden's face. Denmark had been proud, claiming his 'wife' was way netter than Berwald's. That statement had gained him an embarrassed slap from Roma, but there was no disagreement. So now, they laid and slept, completely content with each other. They fought a lot, but it was never real arguments. Denmark would laugh at Lovino's angry face a lot, and whenever Romano tried to get angry, he would end up snickering too. A good match, even if they had to struggle for time with each other.
"Ti amo." Romano whispered before falling asleep, and he swore he heard a 'Jeg elsker dig' in return.

--Extended Ending--
"You know, something bad did happen." The Dane commented as they were eating their tomato omlettes in the morning.
"What was so bad that you cried like a little wuss?" Romano scoffed, taking a bite that had a rather large piece of tomato in it.
"I missed International Beer Day. Do you understand?" He dramatically cried out and then got slapped.
"Wine is better."
"Nej. Beer is."
And so, began a regular argument that usually ended with snickering and laughing.