Book 1/6: The Beginning of Troubled Times

"Charge!"

"Commander, wait a moment, where's General Hopski?"

"I thought he was behind us?"

But, I wasn't there with them, I thought, instead of being with my squadron, I was instead, up in a tree with someone from the other side.

"Playtime's up, general," The man said, he then pulled out a pistol, and then my world faded to black, and I couldn't even feel myself fall out of the tree, couldn't hear my fellow soldiers whispering over my body. I also couldn't hear their screams when the person who murdered me jumped out of the tree and killed all my colleagues, my best friends, and so much more. I was stuck in eternal darkness, and couldn't feel a thing.

The scene then dissolved, and we left the general's mind. Now we are in front of a large city that is burning down to the ground, and one man was in front of it with a flamethrower and a lit cigarette, watching the chaos he created get worse, and worse. The screams of civilians were getting louder and louder until we hear cries and people trying to get others to evacuate. That was where the man was absorbed, until a person snuck up behind them, and put a pistol to their head.

"Well played, spy," The man with the flamethrower said

"Those were your final words then. Goodbye, admiral," The spy said. The spy fired, and the admiral collapsed with his flamethrower still in his now cold hands. They then turned away and started walking away without looking back at the body.

Once again, the scene disappeared, and now we are in the air. There were four fighter jets, all stocked with two nukes.

"Chief, we are approaching Ethesin now, tell us when to drop these," one of the fighter pilots said.

"Alright, five, four, three," the chief said

"Two,"

"One,"

"Alright, drop them!" The chief said, finally. At once, they all dropped their nukes out of their compartments, and an explosion was heard from below them all, and then gunfire.

"We need to get out of here before they take us down, sir!" I said.

"Jason, you're right, let's get the hell out of here!" Chief John said, hurriedly. But, we didn't make it out in time. Or at least, I didn't, I can't tell what happened to the rest. I was one, maybe the only one, to be shot down by turrets on the ground, far away from where the nukes landed. My cockpit had been shot, and my systems failed. My plane suddenly shut off, and then I was falling. I couldn't fix it in time, and when I landed, the plane had exploded, and I went out with it. I suppose that one line was right. A captain always goes down with their ship.

The scene didn't come back this time, but it was only sound. Suddenly, we can hear the fire of a shotgun, and then a terrible outcry. It sounded like a woman's voice, and the cry was abruptly ended by what sounded like a kick to the ground. Then, the sound of a body being dragged came to us. Suddenly, it seemed we jumped forward in time, and still couldn't see anything, but the atmosphere seemed to change.

"Sir, I got her body, did the supreme leader want to finish her off?" one man asked.

"Yes, I believe they did. I'll take her body to them, go help squadron B," another man said.

And once again, we can see. But, this wasn't the same place as last time. Instead of a battlefield, we are now in a church. Everyone was wearing all black, and then, down the aisle, six people were carrying a coffin to the front of the room. On top of the coffin was a black and gold flag, along with some roses and a picture of an admiral. Taking in the room more, we can see army soldiers lining the walls, all saluting while staring at the coffin of their colleague. There was silence through half the ceremony until something terrible happened. A dozen soldiers stormed into the church and started firing everywhere. Eventually, everyone who attended that funeral died and joined their beloved admiral.

Once again the scene faded to black, but this time, it took longer to go to the next memory.