Chapter 01

Amber's POV
Upon arriving at the old Swan house I noticed a new car and Charlie's garbage pile which consisted of boxes for baby supplies. I saw a box for a crib, a high chair, a car seat, etc. I turned to Charlie and asked "Those.....aren't for me, right?" He looked at me slightly baffled and said "Who else would they be for?" I frowned but before I could protest he cut me off by saying "You're probably going to give me the closest thing to grandchildren. Please, let me be the cool uncle this time."

He parked the car in front of the familiar two story White House. I climbed out of the cruiser as Charlie grabbed my suitcases after a few minutes of arguing I relented and allowed Charlie to carry all of my suitcases inside. We entered the house which looked the same as it did when Renee lived there.

The entryway was a custard yellow with white trim and split in two directions one were stairs that led to the second floor and all the bedrooms, the other led to the living room.

The living room walls were a sky blue with a white trim and the couch, love seat, and two lazy boys where a moss green with purple decorative pillows with dark brown wood furniture. There was an old tv on a rolling table in front of the fireplace and the walls were littered with fishing memorabilia and pictures of friends and family. I smiled upon seeing a school picture of Bella, she was such a cute kid.

Leaving the living room you would enter the kitchen. The kitchen was a pastel green that resembled vomit with made me grateful that my mom talked Renee out of adding orange polka dots. The utilities were from around the 90s and probably needed to be updated. The dining room area was just a bay window with a cushioned ledge, said ledge had urine yellow cushions that where thankfully just the natural color of the cushions.

Off to the side of the kitchen was a guest dining room for when we had a lot of company. The walls were a sky blue like the living room and only contained a long table with one chair on each end and four chairs on either side.

We went upstairs and it hadn't been changed at all. The hallway was the same custard yellow as the entryway and had five plain white doors.

Charlie's door, the first door on the left, held a queen sized bed with floral green bedding and his walls were sky blue like the living room and guest dining room. There were two nightstands on either side with floral vintage lamps that didn't match the bed. Charlie had a long wooden dresser that held six wide drawers and took up the entirety of the wall farthest from the door. Charlie's room also had a small walk-in closet that was once split into two sides for Renee.

Bella's room, the second door on the left, was the same pastel green as the kitchen downstairs and noticeably smaller than Charlie's. There was a queen sized bed with purple bedding and a random red throw blanket. She had a standing dresser, with a matching nightstand with a white lamp. Her closet wasn't a walk-in and was actually quite small. I noticed that Charlie had moved grandpa's old desk in there next to Bella's bay window area which was the only appealing thing about the room. It only held Bella's rocking chair from infantry.

To the right the first door across from Charlie's bedroom was the linen closet that no doubt contained extra towels and spare sheets for a multitude of bed sizes. Next to the linen closet was the bathroom which was painted a sunny yellow and contained a claw foot tub and shower and a long bathroom counter.

Then there was the final door at the end of the hallway which was the master bedroom. It hadn't been opened since my grandparents died. It had sat there collecting dust since 1993 when my grandparents died.

Charlie walked straight towards the master bedroom and opened the door revealing a newly decorated room.

 I threw myself into Charlie's arms "Thank you I love it!" I pulled away as I heard someone clear their throat loudly

I turned and saw a scowling prepubescent boy with stringy reddish brown hair that ended at just below his shoulder blades. He had chocolate brown for eyes that looked almost feminine. He wore this.

And carried a red backpack

He spoke in a nasally voice and asked "Who the hell are you?" While looking me up and down as if I just crawled out of the sewer and vomited on his new Louis Vuitton boots.........

That might've actually happened to one of my friends with a sewer rat once.

I forced a smile on my face and said in a peppy tone "Hi! I'm Amber, I'm Charlie's niece! Who are you?" He looked at me in surprise before sneering at me and saying in a snappy tone "I'm his daughter" realization dawned on me as I realized that this was my cousin Bella.

'She's was like a reverse ugly duckling story...' I think I open my mouth to say something but Bella cuts me off by talking to Charlie like I'm not even here.

"I thought that I told you that I didn't want this stupid slut here" Bella snapped. Charlie's face hardened "Bell your cousin was raped, and her parents died. She's going through a tough time right now and she needs us!" Bella scoffed and said "If that were true then why didn't she abort the fetus? Clearly she's just asking for attention. I bet she even caused her parents accident" Bella turned to me and smugly said "Don't think anyone will fall for your 'sweet and innocent' act here. We all know that you're just an attention seeking whore" "Isabella Marie Swan that is enough! Go to your room!" Charlie roared out.

Bella scowled and stormed off. Tears filled my eyes and I looked down at the floor in shame and sadness. Charlie then carefully set my bags in the room and nudged me inside. "Don't believe a word Bella says. Ever since she started dating Edward, she's become an entirely different person. It's worse now that he dumped her and left town. I'm going to talk to her while you settle in. Do you want anything in particular for dinner tonight?" I sniffle and say "I've been craving Ms. Cora's berry cobbler, you know from the Lodge?"

Charlie smiles and says "I'll pick some up with chicken tenders and barbecue sauce? Like old times?" I smile tearfully "That would be great, thanks uncle Charlie" Charlie nods. If he were that kind of person he'd hug me, but unfortunately he's not and instead he places a hand on my shoulder and squeezes gently before leaving. I walk over to my bed and sit down as I try to calm down.

'The doctor's said that I'd get a flood of hormones, but I didn't expect this' I think before I start unpacking.