"I'll be quiet, I promise," he said, gazing into your eyes. You sighed. "Okay, fine." 

"Before you talk, have you seen Sidney today, besides from school?" you asked, furrowing your eyebrows. 

"I just came back from hers, then I rode my bike over here," he said, scratching his head. 

"Does she know you're here?" you asked, crossing your arms over your chest suspiciously. 

"Uh, no. But she doesn't have to know. She doesn't need to know everything I do."

You sighed. "I guess so. Anyway, what do you wanna talk about? And, is it relevant?" you asked, reaching over to your bedside table and taking a sip of your water.

"I'm planning on breaking up with Sid."

You choked on your water. You patted your chest and coughed loudly. You couldn't believe your ears. "What? Why? Sidney's the most poplar girl in the school and also beautiful," you said, utterly dumbfounded.

"I've just lost feelings for her now. Ever since.. you know.. her mother was killed, she hasn't been the same, loving girl I used to know," he said. 

"Billy, her mother was murdered. What do you expect? Her life to be all rainbows and unicorns? Of course she is going to be upset, it was her mother. She needs time to adjust."

"It's been a year!"

"It doesn't matter.."

You laid down and gazed up at the ceiling, the light illuminating your room. "I just don't love her as much anymore. In fact, I love you, Y/N. You only," he said, lying down next to you. 

Your eyes widened and butterflies swarmed your stomach intensely. "You-you really mean that?" you asked, sitting up. 

"Well, yeah."

You smiled slightly and Billy returned the smile. He leaned it and cupped the side of your face and kissed your firmly. Your eyes widened and you felt sick with the amount of butterflies. You kissed back firmly. His cologne wafted up your nose.

You soon realised that this was wrong and you pulled away. "I'm sorry, Billy, but we can't do this. You're still with Sidney and I feel terrible," you said and wiped your lips. 

"Don't worry, tomorrow me and her will be done and you'll be mine," he said and stood up. 

You rolled your eyes in annoyance but you also smiled playfully. "I suggest you get going. Your father will be furious," you said and you gave him one last hug. He pulled away and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow, Y/N."

He climbed out the window and disappeared into night sky. 

You felt terrible for kissing your best friend's boyfriend. Surely Sidney would understand if it wasn't intentional, right? You wouldn't dare tell her. You couldn't imagine her reaction. You sighed sadly and you continued your Math homework for the night. 

~

You awoke at 6:30 that following morning and you yawned loudly, outstretching your arms. You hopped out of bed and got dressed in a F/C t-shirt that your friend, Tatum, got you and you got dressed into some casual black jeans and white trainers. You brushed your silky H/C hair and put a black headband in it. You put your favourite bracelet on your wrist. Your father had given it to you last year before he left for his job in Germany. You haven't seen him in a year but you hoped he'd come back soon. 

After your parents' messy divorce, your entire life changed. 

You brushed your teeth and headed downstairs. Your mom had already left for work but your older brother, Hayden, was sat at the kitchen table. "Hey, Hayden," you said and sat at the kitchen table. "Alright, sis?" he said, his mouth full of bacon and eggs. You ripped off the post-it-note that was stuck on the table next to your cooked breakfast. It read: