005.

I don't like Stacey. 

And this has nothing to do with Sam. Because Stacey by herself can be a bit much sometimes. 

She once got obsessed with a seventeen year old lifeguard and cried over his dirty whistle for a week after he rejected her for a perfectly normal girlfriend his own age. She also cares a lot about fashion and if you wear the wrong thing, you better not be around her. 

"Y/N, I hope you weren't going to wear that to the Halloween Dance," Stacey checks out the dress that's hanging in my closet. 

She's not mean exactly, she's just...very particular about her own style and that's fine with me. It's just not the qualities of someone I'd like to be friends with. "I love it and all, but the colours don't match." 

I turn to the dress, surveying it. "No, actually that's Claudia's," I point out. "I bought it for her when we went shopping, so it's camping out in my closet." 

Stacey turns her bottom lip up at it, twisting her head to look at my sister. "Claude. We need to talk about your dress choices." 

Claudia (the style icon), gives Stacey a death-glare. "Excuse me?" She purses her lips. "That dress is absolutely perfect and you cannot prove me wrong on this one." The two girls stare at each other for a couple minutes before bursting out laughing. "Stace, I love you, but we have very different styles." 

Stacey nods, smiling. "Okay, but you have to wear the jewelry we decided on last week," she shakes her head at the dress. It's just a dress after all. "Also, are you in charge of candy for the kids?" 

"Yep," Claudia looks at me. "Oh, Y/N, you have to buy a dress still." 

"There's no way in fresh hell I'm wearing a dress," I smile back at them, mimicking their expressions. "I'm going in jeans." 

Stacey's mouth drops open. "No—no you're not." 

I continue smiling. "Yes, yes I am." 

Just then, there's a knock at the door. I open in and, Kristy and Sam walk in. 

"Oh, hello Thomases," I raise my eyebrows. "And you're both here because...?" 

"Nice to see you too," Sam flicks me in the arm, flopping onto my bed beside Claudia. "Sup, other Kishi." 

Claudia rolls her eyes at him. 

"Mom had to work late, so your parents invited us for dinner tonight," Kristy explains to me. Stacey goes beet red, staring at Sam. 

"Can I also stay for dinner?" She turns to the closet again to hide her blush. "If that's okay with your parent's of course?" 

"Oh, uh yeah," Claudia chews thoughtfully on a gummy worm that she's pulled out from behind my pillow. "Hey, where's Charlie?" 

"He's out with friends," Sam says, stealing a gummy worm from Claudia's bag. "You get me instead." 

"That's perfectly fine with me," Stacey mutters, but not quiet enough. She turns back to us. "Did I say that out loud?" 

Yes, yes you did. But you already knew that, right Stacey?