001.

Claudia may not get along well with Janine, but I certainly do. 

Having a genius older sister who gives excellent advice is a blessing, not a curse. It's just a matter of peeling away the many layers of sciency talk, to get to the important part. 

For example, Janine gave me a lecture about how physics could be applied to getting the cereal off the top shelf this morning. The important knowledge to take away was that Dad needs to learn that his youngest daughter (even if it is only by a few minutes) is too short to reach her favourite cereal and he should stop putting it so damn high. 

Claudia and I are fraternal twins. She's older than me by about 7 minutes, which isn't a lot, but might as well be a whole year. 

Anyways, Claudia has some kind of problem with Janine. They're constantly fighting over the dumbest things. The only person who agrees with my Janine logic is Mimi. 

Of course, Mimi always sees the good in people. It's my favourite thing about her. 

Last year, when the BSC was just getting started, Mimi helped me convince Claudia to let me join. Originally, it was just going to be..you know, Claudia, Stacey, Mary Anne, and Kristy. Thanks to Mimi, I'm a part of the club now. 

Not that it really mattered that much. 

Mary Anne's really my only close friend. 

I don't get along particularly well with Kristy, probably because of her brother. 

Sam's a whole other story. 

Kristy and I used to be really close, until my 12th birthday. Sam was 14 at the time, and we were sitting in my treehouse outside. 

I'll never forget the look on her face when she saw him kiss me. 

It was only for a split second, but from that moment on, Kristy hasn't let me anywhere near her brother. 

Now, fast forward 3 years later, she still holds that grudge. Any time I spend with him (as friends),  is behind her back. Which really sucks, because Kristy's nearly everywhere. 

She's always the leader, always in charge. 

And Claudia's her second in command. 

I don't have anything against the other girls, obviously, but there's a definite distance. Especially between Stacey and I. As you can imagine, Stacey dislikes me a tiny bit, due to her crush on Sam. Kristy hates that we have anything to do with her brother. 

To be honest, she would prefer that we stayed away from the rest of her family. She's a very private person. 

I respect that, really. 

But Sam doesn't.