Fights

I couldn't do this anymore.

I loved Dylan with all of my heart, but he had been working nonstop for nearly six months.

I had barely seen him for nearly six months. I didn't want to break up with him, but I want to try and talk to him about it.

I understood the Maze Runner. He had to go somewhere, and I was still in school, which I can't miss for 8 weeks. But he had been working on numerous other things, and left the house early and got back late. So late that I couldn't wait up for him anymore, but tonight I had to. We had to do something about it.

It was 10:30 right now, and Dylan usually gets home around this time. I was sitting in the kitchen waiting for him, my heart already pounding. My heart rate increased when I heard the garage door open and Dylan's car pull in. I already knew this was not going to be pretty.

"Hey, Dyl. Can we talk?" I asked as he walked in the door, rubbing his eyes.

"Not tonight, please. I'm so damn tired. Later, okay?" he responded passively.

"No, not later. This really can't wait," I responded, already starting to get angry.

"I'm sure it can. Now let me go to bed, and you can do whatever you want," he responded, starting to get angry as well.

"I'm getting really tired of being alone," I blurted.

"And I'm just really tired."

"Do you just not care about me anymore?"

"Why the hell would you ask that?" Dylan replied, his anger rising.

"Because I've barely seen you in the past six months! And when I do, it's either sleeping or sex, we haven't had a meal together in weeks!" I exclaimed, stepping closer to him.

"I'm trying to make my career go farther, and you can't accept that?" he shouted back, taking a step towards me in return.

"I'm trying to accept it, but I also want to see you sometimes!" I yelled in return.

"Maybe you should just let it the fuck go and stop being such a clingy bitch!" at this point, the tears that had been forming spilled over, but Dylan didn't seem to notice.

"I- "

"You what? Don't want me to follow my dreams so you can spend more time with me? Want me to be home so you don't have to seem like a clingy bitch? Yeah, I get it. If you miss me so much, why don't you just leave? Because I don't know how many times we're going to have this fight. I can't ask for more days off, because I'll get fired. And I can't spend every waking moment with you!" it didn't matter what else he said in that rant, because I became numb with tears. He didn't notice for a good 5 minutes.

"Um - Oh god, are you ok?" I scoffed weakly.

"Do I look fucking okay?"

"No, I mean - shit, did I do that?" he asked, tears of his own starting to form.

"Yes, you did it, you asshole. You did it pretty well too," I retorted.

"Oh god, yeah I - of course I did. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to - "

"But you still did, Dylan. I didn't mean to make you this mad, but I still did," I said, angrily wiping my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gotten so mad."

"No, I shouldn't have said anything, because I was just thinking of myself, and not - " Dylan cut me off.

"Don't even say that, because you are completely and totally right, and I don't know why you waited so long to say something," he told me, stepping closer to me.

"I waited so long because I was scared of something like this. I didn't mean to - " I stopped talking when Dylan took me into his arms, squeezing me tightly.

"You did nothing wrong. I know you didn't mean it like I took it. I'm going to ask for better hours tomorrow, because you mean everything to me and you deserve more. Are you sure you're okay?" he asked, kissing my head.

"I'll be okay. You don't really think I'm a clingy bitch, do you?"

"God, no, baby. I didn't mean any of that, I promise."

I looked up at him, finally noticing the dark circles beneath his eyes.

"Holy shit Dyl, you're exhausted. Let's go, we're going to bed, we can work everything else out tomorrow, okay?" I told him, starting to pull him upstairs.

"Are you sure? I'm sorry, I don't want to take away from this - "

"No. Let's go," I said, "you need sleep. We can talk later, but right now I'm going to tuck you in. Come on now," I told him, dragging him to the bed.

"You're tucking me in?"

"Yes, I'm tucking you in," I said, wrapping the covers around him, "and I'm getting in with you."

Well, y'all are absolutely amazing. I'm sorry I haven't been updating but softball season just started, and school, and just ughhhhhh. I've had this ready for a while, but I just never got around to publishing it. But you guys have been voting like crazy, and you are awesome. Love You :)

-d xo

P.S. I might write another fighting imagine at another point in time, so let me know in the comments if you guys would like that.