Coming Home

"BEEP. BEEP. BE-" I interrupted the constant tone of the alarm by slamming my hand down on the phone, and snuggling back into the covers, falling asleep once again.

"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEE-" dammit. Screw myself for knowing that I wouldn't get up the first time and setting other alarms. I slammed my hand down on the phone again and sat up, stretching.

It took me a good 10 minutes to realize what day it was. Dylan was coming home today, from 8 weeks in Louisiana.

As soon as this registered in my brain, I was up out of bed and getting sweats on, pulling my hair into a ponytail, considering that it was 4 in the morning. I grabbed a backpack, my phone, and a book, got in the car and drove to the airport.

Reaching the airport, I took a seat somewhere near Dylan's gate, as he hadn't told me exactly which one it was. I opened my book, trying to focus on the story and not the fact that I was going to see Dylan in a matter of minutes. I had only read a few pages when a voice I didn't recognize spoke over my shoulder.

I turned around and backhanded them.

Yeah, it was Dylan, who was standing there holding his face. "What the hell was that for?" he asked, wincing.

"Oh my god, Dylan! I'm so sorry, I thought you were some creepy ass guy that thought that was funny!" I told him, trying not to laugh. And thank god, he started laughing, allowing me to laugh with him.

"Well, at least I'm confident you know how to protect yourself and kick any dude's ass you need to. Now can I have a hug instead of a slap?"

I ran into his open arms, wrapping myself around him. He held me up, hugging me back tightly.

"I'm so glad you're back," I said, my words muffled by his shirt.

"I am too. I missed you like crazy," he said as I pulled back from him and he set me down. I looked up at him, leaning up and meeting his lips. It didn't last long, considering we were in the middle of an airport, but it felt the same as it always had.

"I love you," he told me, smiling up at me, considering he was holding me above his eye level.

"I love you too. And you are never leaving me here alone for that long again," I responded, pecking his lips again.

"They already told me I can bring you for the filming of Scorch Trials. You get to meet everyone and stay with me the whole time."

"Thank god. Now let's go home and do more than just short kisses."

"Pizza and movies?"

"Hell to the yeah."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey y'all. So you should follow me on ig, @hxshtagbooks bc I post teen wolf and maze runner and all that good stuff. Much love to you today. I hope you have the best day you've had in a while. Love you.
-d xo