Hello, my Love. I'm heading to Daegu after I write this email.

Her eyes start to well up reading the endearment her boyfriend wrote.

Happy Birthday, My Love! I just want to thank you for being born into this world. I'll forever be grateful you were born on this day. Thank you for choosing me to become the man you'll love for the rest of our lives (I know I'm weird for doing this. I'm already thanking you 4 years before.) Enjoy your special day with me and maybe our little Ha-jun or Hae-sun (You can probably tell I'd love to name our children that.)

"You wanted to name our kids that, Dae-sik?" She asks the picture frame on her bedside table. "Hyun Ha-jun and Hyun Hae-sun, those names sound nice." A smile appeared on her face.

I know we have all the money in the world to buy whatever we want, but for your birthday, I'll tell you why I chose that design for your engagement ring.

As you know, it's designed with a knot, and knots symbolize love and commitment. So by choosing this design, I've promised to love you for the rest of my life. 

Again, Happy Birthday, My Wife. (I'm assuming we're already married 4 years from now.) I love you so much.

With Love, your future husband,
Hyun Dae-sik 2014

"Oh how I wish all of this was true, Dae-sik." A tear drops on her phone. Disregarding it, she opens her bedside drawer picking the Tiffany & Co. box. She never opened it since Jin-woo had given it to her.

Opening it revealed a beautiful golden knot ring, while something was engraved on the ring. 'Cha Mijo 02.02.82'

Her musings are disturbed as her door opens, turning around to find her best friends at her door

"Happy Birthday!" Chan-young and Joo-hee shout, while Joo-hee carries a cake.

"Wait, why is the birthday girl tearing up?" Chan-young asks as she sits beside Mijo, while Joo-hee places the cake on her desk before joining them. "Mijo, what's that?" She continues, noticing the ring on Mijo's finger.

"Are you alright?" Joo-hee asks while peeking over to Mijo.

Ignoring the two of them and their questions, she asks, "Is that cake?"

"Yes." Chan-young replies, "Joo-hee, let her blow it." Chan-young continues as she nudges her, earning a glare from Joo-hee while Mijo laughs at them.

The three have a mini celebration in Mijo's room before Mijo's mother calls them out for breakfast.

-

While Dae-sik and Jin-woo are waiting for the valet attendee to pull their car up, Jin-woo is on his phone while Dae-sik is still eating the crackers Jin-woo gave him.

"Who are you greeting?" Dae-sik asks, peeking at Jin-woo's phone.

"Mijo."

"What?! You added her on SMS?"

"Yes." He replies before looking at Dae-sik suspisciously. "Why? Can't I add her?"

"No, I mean you can."

"Psh. I think you're just jealous."

"I am not."

Their bickering ends as their car arrives. "Get in first. I forgot something in the room."

Dae-sik gets in, while trying to connect his phone to the bluetooth, he accidentally presses the gps. One destination catching his eye.

"Might as well use this to my advantage." Dae-sik says, as he types down the details of Mijo's address.

-

"Ms. Shim!!" Mijo greets Ms. Shim as she gets out of her car. "Thank you for tending to my request, Ms. Shim."

"It's my pleasure, Ms. Cha. The children are waiting for you inside, I'll tell Eun-dong to help with the foods."

As Mijo helps them fix the food on the tables, a little boy tugs on Mijo's shirt.
"Hi, Ji-sun-a." She kneels down as she rubs Ji-sun's hair.

"You're here, Imo!" Ji-sun glees. "Is it your birthday today? Is that why your here?"

Mijo chuckles at him, "Yes, you're right. It's Imo's birthday today. Aren't you going to greet me?" She cutely pouts, crossing her arms.

"Nooooo, Imo. I didn't know. That's why I asked you."

"Imo's just kidding." Mijo assures him while she giggled as they made their way to one of the benches. "You know Ji-sun-ie, you remind me of someone so much." She shares as she helps him sit down.

"Really, Imo?"

"Mmhhm. You actually look quite like him too."

"Can I see him, Imo?"

"I don't have my phone with me right now. I'll show you later alright? Go play with the other kids first, Imo has to help Ms. Shim prepare the food." Ji-sun agrees and heads to the other kids as she returned to the table to help set the food up.

Giving her a side eye, Chan-young asks her, "What nonsense did you tell that poor boy again?"

"What do you mean?"

"That boy that looks like Dae-sik. What did you tell him. I swear I heard something."

"I heard someone mention Dae-sik." Joo-hee cuts in. "Is he here?"

"No, he's not." Mijo replies.

"Yes, Joo-hee. He's over there." Chan-young points to Ji-sun with her lips earning a smack from the two of them.

"That's a kid, Chan-young, in case you didn't notice."

"I know, but look closely, Joo-hee. He looks like Dae-sik."

"I have poor eyesight, Chan-young. I can't see properly from afar." Joo-hee shares, while Mijo laughs at them.

"Eomma, let's hurry or my friends will turn into cranky ahjummas."

-

Evening comes and the three are in the living room watching a drama.

"He's so handsomeeeee." Mijo says, fawning over their favorite actor, while Joo-hee and Chan-young look at each other, annoyed.

"She's not contented with Dae-sik. She even wants to take our favorite actor." Joo-hee teases.

Scoffing, Mijo replies, "I'm not the only one fawning over him, Joo-hee. He has tons of fans."

Before Joo-hee could reply, the doorbell rings. Assuming it was the pizza they ordered, Mijo gets up to open the door.

"Did we pay online?" Mijo asks, grabbing her wallet before opening the door. As soon as Chan-young replied a clear 'no', Mijo opens the door but instantly freezes upon seeing the items on their doorstep.

A bouquet of flowers, specifically, Peonies. Picking the bouquet up, a card falls out, making her pick it up first and read the contents.

Happy Birthday! I hope you like the flowers :) Let's meet up soon.

-HDS

A/N:

Helloooo my dear readerssss! Sorry for not updating for a while. School has been busy as it is our last quarter. But for now, I hope all of you enjoy this update. 💕