understand

ships - riddlebat (bruce wayne & edward nygma/nashton)

fandoms - batman all media types, the batman (2022)

warnings - angstish, one-sided attraction, obsession.

probably batman spoilers !

edward paces the confinement of his cell,
as his mind floods and overflows with the words
batman had said to him, trying to understand
why.. why someone he thought was supposed to be like him.. someone he thought he could relate to.. would say that about him.

they of course weren't true, edward knew they weren't .. or so he tries to convince himself that they aren't true.. because if they were that meant-
it didn't matter what it meant.. he just couldn't let batman be right. even deep down he himself knew that they were.

he really thought that he would get it, that he would understand, understand how corrupt gotham actually was- and how ed was trying to bring it to light- they could've- they would have been such good partners showing the people the true awful that was gotham.

edward still likes to think that they'd make good partners.. as if one day the great batman would come to his senses and come to eds rescue taking him from this hell he is in and joining him side by side, the batman and the riddler, as one, as equals.

but that was such a silly thought wasn't it? him and the batman together as one, them fighting for the same thing, them being equals. because they weren't were they? they never were, they never would be, edward is coming to know that.

but somehow, someway he'd get out, he'd leave this hell, rejoin others.. be amongst him again as he tries his hardest to gain his attention- because it's him the batman.. his batman.