And then he gave you a ring that he said had cost more than he was supposed to spend in an attempt to make a joke.

Knowing him for years, you knew he's the kind of man who would just prefer signing the marriage contract and get on with it like a normal day. But he suddenly told you to get a white dress and that he had already talked to the priest in the interior, even though he disliked the man as much as the man disliked him.

You may not say it out loud, you have never actually talked about it, but sometimes you think of a wedding where you would dress in white and exchange vows with the man you'll swear to love.

And Levi, even though he clearly doesn't like that kind of thing, had given you a wedding that any women would dream of, although not exactly as extravagant.

But you really don't need any excessive ceremony or luxurious wedding gown and bouquet. Exchanging promises and vows were more than enough.

When you two exited the church, a carriage was waiting along with a man standing beside. Your older brother whom you respect more than anyone in this world.

"Congratulations," Erwin spoke, his face that often held a passive expression finally changed as he smiled. "Levi, Y/n."

"Thank you for escorting me earlier, brother."

"Do I need to call you brother too, Erwin?" Levi asked though his voice contained a hint of humor even though his face remained stoic.

"No need," Erwin answered. "Just take care of Y/n."

It was faint, but the side of Levi's lips turn up in a smile before he walks past Erwin and opened the door of the carriage as you stepped inside.

The ride to the residence was engulfed in silence, but it wasn't the uncomfortable type of stillness. With Levi, it was never uncomfortable. You have realized that fact soon before you've realized that you've fallen in love with him.

Your eyes glanced down on the ring around your finger and on the identical one around Levi's before he felt your eyes on him and he looked at you.

"I forgot to say," he started, lifting his hand as he brushed your hair behind your ear. "You look so beautiful while walking down the aisle earlier."

If anyone else heard that, people might think he's out of his mind. Levi had a reputation for being foul-mouthed, his vocabulary that mostly encloses on vulgar words. But when it's just the two of you, you'd hear him say those kinds of things a lot. How you look so beautiful, so enchantingly pretty.

But those words were not the only reason why you have fallen for him. In fact, you didn't like him the first time you two met each other. Until you gradually warmed up to him and him to you.

It wasn't a love at first sight type of thing, it took years to finally realize that love is where your relationship with him will end up.

"That white dress suits you, Y/n."

You looked down, it was such a simple white dress that you bought in the interior. But you learned that there's a certain beauty in simple things too.

Hours passed by in a blur, and when you have changed into a more comfortable nightdress, you headed to the study where Levi was.

Even when your brother had told him not to think about paper works when it supposed to be his wedding day, Levi said he was going to check on them a bit.