Safe.

Jonah finally made it to their hideout back 'home.' He laid Adam on his bed, putting a towel to wash off the blood dripping from his forehead. His side had been bandaged with actual medication and hospital tape, his scratches and marks got the same treatment. He was asleep at the moment, though. Jonah watched his chest fall and rise as the other took deep inhales of air, exhaling shakily. He sounded better than before. Jonah got the towel and soaked it with cold water, draping it across Adam's forehead, nervously. "Gosh, you're burning up." Jonah mumbled, laying a hand on the side of Adam's face to measure his temperature without using a thermometer. The boy shifted in his sleep slighly, he looked less relaxed. He was frowning and had his teeth set, as if he was stressed. As if he was having a nightmare. And he mumbled, too. "N..o. No- stay." He said sleepily. Jonah sighed, putting a can of rubbing alcohol on the table as he leaned down to check on Adam's side.'I wonder what he's dreaming about.' He thought,  his eyes scanning Adam's thin body. He gently pulled the hoodie up, as not to wake him, and observed. It wasn't bleeding anymore, which was good. And it didn't smell so much like iron anymore. Adam frowned more, whimpering in his sleep. He grabbed onto Jonah's sleeve, which nearly startled him into yelping from fear. Jonah reluctantly pried Adam's hand off of his arm, and set it back on the bed. 'I guess I could make him some chicken soup for when he wakes up. He seems sick, after all.' Thought Jonah, rising from the side of the bed and on his feet. He arrived in the kitchen, taking the soup from the pantry and setting it on the counter. 'He'll be awake in a few hours, i may as well rest fir a bit so it won't go cold.' He thought, sitting diwn to read.

Aboit four hours passed. Any reasonable stalling or procrastination attempts had been used, so he rise to his feet, slipped into Adam's room judt to check him, and made his way back to the kitchen. He picked up the soup, pulling out a drawer to grab the can opener. Using it can opener to pry open the lid. He stared it for a bit, wondering if instead he should just make it from scratch. Until he came to the conclusion of putting the soup into the bowl and going ahead to heat it up. He stared out the window as the bowl rotated in the microwave.  He recalled the previous events. Okay, so. Jonah was a coward, but went back to save his friend. Adam and Jonah confessed to eachother, right. Then, the Intruder attacked, mmhm. Finally,  they tried to escape, which nearly killed Adam in the process.  Jonah made a sigh, pressing the tips of his fingers against his face in frustration. Rain softly slid against the window glass, leaving lines of wet water behind. The snow outside was turning into wet slush when the rain mixed with it. The sky was a smoky grey, deep yellow flashed somewhere up there with hints of white. Quiet thunder and lightening, to match his mental health. More rain softly beat down the windows like a rhythm,  it was almost sirenlike. Until the microwave dinged, and Jonah whirled around to get it. He held the bowl with a napkin to avoid scalding himself, carefully making his way to Adam's room. He set the hot bowl of soup on the coster on the side table, sitting down on a free space that Adam didn't sleep on. He could hear the clock mixing with the rain pattering outside, making him tired.  Until he heard the blankets rustle from behind him, and someone groaning. Adam sat up against the pillows, rubbing his head painfully. "Ugh,  it feels like I got hit by a train..." He complained, blinking. Jonah grinned, ear to ear, sliding closer to Adam's side. "Fuck you, man you scared me." Jonah said, pressing his face against Adam's shoulder. Adam rolled his eyes. "I did what I had to. I'm glad you're okay," he said thoughtfully,  reaching for the side table. He made a quick hissing sound with his teeth, "Ssst! Ouch, my arm..." He mumbled,  rolling up his sleeve to look at the various bandaid placements. "Don't move your arm too much, it'll heal." He said. Adam nodded .  Jonah looked away immediately, to the floor.     "Jonah? You're quiet." He said, frowning.  Jonah pried his eyes from the floor and to Adam, mouth slightly open as he tried to come up with something to say. "Im fine, just... thinking." . "...oh, yo. You brought me soup? Thank you man," he said with a smile, grabbing it. He offered a spoon to Jonah, but he denied. He scarfed it down within minutes, he must've been starving. Fucks sake. Then, Adam looked at Jonah. "Is something wrong." He asked.  Jonah swallowed hard,  blinking. "Hey, uh- i understand if you feel uncomfortable around me." Adam dropped the spoon. "Huh? Why would I do that?" He asked, straightening up. "I dunno, heat of the moment?" "Dude. I wouldnt have fought a fucking alternate if i didn't love or care about you, got it?" He ssked. Jonah smiled. "Yeah." And hugged his friend. Adam laid back onto his pillows, staring at the ceiling.  Jonah laid down next to him, setting his head down against Adam's shoulder. The raindrops got a bit louder, sliding off of the roof. Jonah was drifting to sleep, pressing himself close to his friend's side. Adam yawned, falling back asleep. Jonah was still bothered, though. Because,  how hadn't his boyfriend gotten MAD? He must've looked directly at an alternate,  right? He shrugged it off and went back to sleep.

Save, for the time being.

( Yeah I'm making a book 2, nice )