2

Warnings: None?

Words: 2908

A/N: And we're back with the second part of 'The Start Of Us'! First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for the amazing feedbacks that I've received for this story. It really means a lot to me. I told myself that this year I would finally write AND post stories and not just store them in my docs. I sure have lots of ideas and works that I wanna put out, but I'll admit that I get insecure and sometimes doubt that my writing is good enough for the world to see. I would also like to thank everyone who took the time to send me request, anonymously or not - they're all so good and I can't wait to (hopefully) give you what you want. That being said, it might take some time for me to start working on them because things are picking up for this college student lol. I really hope to at least keep my promise of updating this story every week (Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays) and to wrap it up as soon as possible. Please feel free to comment ideas for this story, they could be useful and some of you have the most amazing ideas! Anyways, enough rambling. Happy reading!

-----------------------------------

I'd been working for The Outset for two weeks now, and things couldn't have been going better. It seemed like I had made my mark around here as I was getting more and more responsibilities and my input was asked often. I was having the time of my life and was starting to form friendships with many of my co-workers. As expected, Lily and I became close, spending many of our lunches together and more often than not, she'd drop me off or pick me up for work. I was happy, but today was Friday and I couldn't wait to get home and unwind. Lily had an appointment that was running late so I was getting an uber home, or so I thought before I received a text from her.

Lily: 'Meeting finished faster than planned. Meet me in the caf'.'

I turned off the lights given that I was the last one out. Which would happen more often than not. I hated to leave unfinished work for the next day if it could be helped and preferred to work in the office. I made my way towards the cafeteria but was confused when I saw that all the lights were turned off.

"I'm too tired to play hide and seek with you Lily. Come out so we can go home." I say as I venture inside. I looked for a switch which I had seen on my lunches here and turned on the light.

"SURPRISE" The strength of the shout, more than me being scared, pushed me to slam my back against the door.

"What the-" I looked around to see the familiar faces of the marketing team as well as Kate, Lily and Scarlett. "What's going on?" I say trying to calm my racing heart.

"It's your 'congrats on completing your two weeks probation period, you aren't getting sacked' party" exclaimed Lily, making the others cheer.

"I was on probation?" I ask, confused and slightly hurt.

"Not anymore sweetie. You did fantastic work and proved yourself." quickly explained Kate.

Now that I was here, the party was in full swing. I never had a surprise party, and although I hated surprises and was exhausted, the gesture warmed my heart. I excused myself from the circle of people i had found myself in, and made my way towards the bathroom, not only to relieve myself but to get a social break as well. Once I was done, I made my way back to the party, only to meet Scarlett in the hallway. She was just finishing a call and had tears falling down her face.

"Scarlett? Hey, is there anything I can do? Are you hurt?" I asked, hesitantly approaching her. Although I had gotten close to pretty much everyone here, I hadn't interacted much with Scarlett, only seeing her here and there and during some meetings or projects. However, she had been nothing but nice to me, and I wanted to repay that kindness.