Turn back Time

george tapped his foot on the hardwood flooring as he stared off into his blank monitor, holding his head up with his hand. 

'george?' a green bubble lit up on george's second monitor. 'hmm' george hummed softly in response. 'were you even listening to me?' the blond sounded annoyed. 

'no, i'm sorry' george sat back in his office chair and looked up at the spinning ceiling fan. 'you're an idiot' dream let on an audible huff into his microphone.  

'i said i was sorry' george giggled. 'yeah, but saying sorry doesn't  make you listen, does it' dream snapped. 'that's your problem george, you never listen to anything'

'what!? i do listen! sorry that what you're talking about wants to put someone to sleep. your hella boring'

the call went silent for a good 15 minutes. both the boys stared at their screens thinking about what the other said to them. dream finally broke the awkward silence. 'w-whatever george.'  dream's voice broke as he left the call. 

'was he crying?' the brunette thought to himself.  

george tried calling dream, but he didn't answer. george called a few more times but the blond didn't pick up. george sighed as he turned off his pc. 

that was their first argument george and dream had. they were friends for years and got along great. until today apparently. 

-----

a few weeks have passed and george and dream still haven't talked. even after the continuous times george tried calling him. 

george laid flat on his back on his bed  'fuck, i really messed up' george said to himself filling the silence in the room. 'i wish i could just go back in time' george sighed.

lightning loudly struck outside george's window. 'what? It's not even raining' george questioned.

not even a cloud in the sky. it was a bright sunny day, which was also strange. london's weather is usually cold and cloudy. 

just then george's eyes began to get heavily, he yawned and drifted off into a deep sleep.

-----

'george?' a green bubble lit up on george's second monitor. 

'what? am i dreaming?' george thought. 

he was sitting in his office chair in a discord call with dream. 'dream! hey' george shouted. 'um, hi?' dream laughed. 'little late to say hi don't you think?'

'what do you mean?' george crocked his eyebrow. 'we were talking for 30 minutes, why are you saying hi now?' dream erupted into a ball of wheezing laughter. 

george looked into the bottom left corner of his screen and looked at the date. 'january 15th!?' george thought. he had gone back in time. his wish had come true. george pinched his arm to make sure this was real and not a dream. 

'um, george?' dream questioned.

'y-yeah, sorry i'm here' george stuttered. 

'anyway, what do you think?' 

'think about what?'

'about my argument with sapnap. were you not listening? 

'n-no! i was, i  just forgot'

'you weren't listening'  dream rolled his eyes.

'i'm sorry dream.' george apologized.  

'yeah, but saying sorry doesn't make you listen, does it' dream snapped. 'that's your problem george, you never listen to anything'

george heard this before. he must have said the wrong thing. 'fuck' george thought. 'can you say it again? george asked cautiously. 'i'm not repeating myself' dream huffed and left the call. 

'fuck!' george groaned. 'i need to go back and fix this' george said to himself. 

just then lightning struck from outside the window. george felt his eyes began to get heavy as he passed out and face planted on his keyboard. 

---

'george?' a green bubble lit up on george's second monitor. 

'im back! i cant fuck up this time!' george thought. 

'yeah?' george said. 'what do you think i should do?' dream sighed.

'he must be talking about  his argument with sapnap' george thought. 

'um, i think you're right.' george stutterd. 'really? i think i fucked up' dream frowned. 'n-no! not at all' george shouted. 'i think i need to apologize to him' dream said. 

'yeah maybe' george said. 'but i thought you said i was right?' dream crooked his eyebrow. 

'you are!' george forcefully smiled. 'you weren't listening were you?.' dream sighed. 

'i-i um' george stumbled over his words. 

'really george!? why can't you ever just listen to me?' dream yelled. 'i'm so sorry dream' george frownd. 

'yeah, but saying sorry doesn't make you listen, does it' dream snapped. 'that's your problem george, you never listen to anything' 

dream sighed and left the call.

just then lightning struck from outside the window. george felt his eyes began to get heavy as he passed out and face planted on his keyboard. again. 

---

'george?' a green bubble lit up on george's second monitor.

'yeah?' george smiled. 'what do you think?' dream asked. 'i think you should apologize to him'  

'yeah, you're right. i feel so bad, i shouldn't have done it' dream sighed. 

'welp, what are you waiting for? go say sorry" george shouted.

'like right now?'

'yeah, better sooner than later'

dream gigiled. 'thanks george' dream smiled.

'your welcome' the brunette sighed.

dream left the call.

just then lightning struck from outside the window. george felt his eyes began to get heavy as he passed out and face planted on his keyboard. again

-----

he woke up back on his bed. his eyesight was fuzzy 'my head.' george's head was pounding with a slight ringing in his ears which he slowly realized was a phone ringtone. george frantically looked around his room for his phone . he spotted it on his desk. george quickly sprinted out of bed and answered the phone. 

'hello?' george said. 'hey george, been a bit" dream shouted. the brunette smiled widely. even dream could sense how happy he was through the phone. 'hi!' george gigiled. 

'dream i'm sorry about the argument we had i didn't mean anything i said' 

'what are you talking about?'

'you know when i-' george stopped.

'george? you still there?' dream asked. 'yeah, just forget i said anything.' george said.

'okaaaayyy. your acting weird.' dream said. 

'i'm just really happy' george said

'your an idiot george' dream laughed.  

george smiled. 

---
Words: 1022