𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 20

Start from the beginning

Tanith made her way into the tunnel to come face to face with Allison who she gave a thumbs up too. Mostly she wanted to become invisible to the Chelsea players just standing beside her. They weren't stupid as they were stood gawking at her internally asking the question everyone else was; was she really working for Liverpool? She made her way to the end of the line where soon Masons eyes were able to see her. She heard the boy scoff before he turned away from her. She knew him well enough to know that he would react like this. He wouldn't like it but she knew that deep down this was right for her. All she wanted to do was find Trent and wish him good luck.

"Hi love," Trent smiled as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Good luck, you've got it, I know you have," she whispered.

"Did he see you you?" he muttered.

"Yeah," she gulped. "Let's not think about that; go out there and kick some ass"

"I love you," he laughed.

"I love you too," she smiled before quickly running out the tunnel as the players were about to walk out.

Mason was watching the exchange between the two from the other side of the tunnel. His jaw was clenched and he tried to fight the jealously that was inside of him.

"Mate calm down," whispered Havertz. "We're gonna win it for you and more importantly you're gonna win it for her"

Mason didn't really know what was going through this head, it became too busy but he knew that he had to win the game. He was determined to win this cup if it meant it would win her back.

The game was tense and by half time, the players were frustrated and there was still not results. With teams that were of such talent as these, it was no wonder that it was tough. Tanith was with Klopp and other coaches trying to figure out the best way to move forward.

He was constantly eyeing me, I could feel his eyes on me. I dared not to make eye contact knowing that if I did, the tension would be too high. The pact kept swirling around in my head, the uncertainty of the game making me anxious.

"Whatever we do, Chelsea have a lot strength in attacking and defending. I've tried to find small weaknesses where their formation seems to crack," she said handing over my notes to Klopp. He gave her a quick nod with a thank you.

"Ok, we all know what we need to do; we need to go out their and try our hardest to bring back a trophy," he announced to the players before the whistle blew, signalling time for the second half to start.

More and more offside goals equaled to more and more frustration occurred. As Mason was substituted off, she could clearly see the anger in his eyes, knowing that playing now hadn't gotten them anywhere. The close chances were at a high, with the tension between the two side escalating when they got closer to each other's boxes.

She met the eyes of Ben Chilwell who was sitting on the Chelsea bench. He have her a small smile and a wave as he was never one to judge her just because she took a job at a rival team.

She knew she would miss having their company when she moved to Liverpool knowing how she had made such a close knit group of friends.

As the full time whistle sounded, it was clear that the extra time would soon come into play and also potential penalties. The players walked off exhausted knowing they still had quite a bit of football still left to play.

Tanith was met with a tired looking Trent. He just wrapped his arms around her; a hug between them was their friendship on paper.

Extra time was a exhausting 30 min of football where neither team actually made use of close chances and scored. It the fans were still chanting, keeping the atmosphere alive in Wembley. It was the dreaded penalties that were soon to follow with Chelsea taking Mendy off and putting Kepa on. He had a much better record with penalties. This disadvantaged Liverpool; they had to try and score the penalties and save the ones from Chelsea.