She gazed out the window as her father studied her. He smiled as he looked out the window from where he stood next to her, "you're strong, stronger than I realized."

She chuckled, "uh, yeah. It's one of the best and worst things about me," she crinkled her nose. He shook his head, "strength can't be a negative trait, little one." She smirked up at him, "ehh, strength can make you cold and lonely. Being strong enough to push back, sometimes makes you hard to love."

For the first time in his life, Tony Stark had a paternal urge to help his daughter, he put his hand in her back, just below her neck. "Poppy, I doubt you are hard to love."
She chuckled, "maybe not, but I do push everyone away. With good reason clearly since my best friend is a liar."

After a long silent pause, Tony finally spoke. "Let me take you to lunch, our first father daughter outting," he nearly joked as he offered, she stifles a laugh.
"Don't get sentimental Stark," she picked up her purse and walked towards the door.

He put his hands up in defense and stood to grab his things. "Let's go get lunch, daughter." His brows raise and he stops walking for a moment, he looks at her with a tilted stare, "I've wanted a child for quite some time."

His confession made her heart feel heavy, she realized in that moment her mother never felt that enough to say it. She wasn't always horrible, angry, or high as a kite. Her mother did make loving moments with her daughter, tiny pockets of good among all the pain, sadness, and trauma.

She locked eyes with his kind chestnut pools, "my mother never said she wanted me before." After a moment of tense silence she turned and walked through his large white front door. A grey Audi R8 Spyder pulls up infront and a young man steps out and bows his head. That's the moment Poppy Ember Stark first felt the power that is her father Tony Stark possessed.

She enjoyed the beginning of their lunch quite a bit, it was more pretentious that she'd have preferred. It wasn't long until he did what he does, shows off. She watched this genetic connection to herself, studying him as he interacted with other charismatic fakes, something she could never bore herself with, being fake.

She tilted her head to get his attention and she rolled her eyes when he shook his head. She quickly took a couple bites of the over-priced smothered chicken and rice, before she stood and rushed toward the exit.

Tony Stark was many things, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, powerful hydra boss, but Poppy only knew one thing for sure. She couldn't invite someone else into her life that will let her down, theres no room for that in her world.

Tony Stark chased his daughter out of that five star restaurant. Those watching already looking into the identity of the young curly haired redhead that ran away from the man of NYC.

Poppy was so oblivious to just how much power her father had. Natasha had been keeping her young friend clueless, she loved her little sister but she was following orders as long as she could, that is until it meant hurting the only family she felt she had.

Poppy's life was complicated before, but now her world was about to become a chaotic storm.

Poppy rushed toward BBR and straight to her office, avoiding the looks from everyone as she stared at the ground and walked with a purpose. When Wanda waved Poppy put a manicured hand up, "take an hour Wan," she hummed and rushed into her door. She sat in the egg chair that made her feel cozy and pulled her legs to her chest. She'd been stifling her tears the entire way, as crying infront of others made her feel vulnerable and weak. She turned on her Spotify Playlist with all her favorite classics from her childhood. Music was one of the sensory memories that kept her feeling alive through her trauma.