Chapter 4

At Edinburgh Castle

Y/ns POV

We were at Edinburgh Castle, or more like a huge hole where Edinburgh Castle used to be. Everybody was relaxing, I was cuddling with Gloxinia with his vines covering our bodies, my arms around his neck, while his arms were hugging me tightly around my waist. My legs wrapped around his waist sitting on his crisscrossed lap.

During the seal, me and Gloxinia had grown closer while I was still growing up. I fell in love with him and him with me, so when I turned the age of 14 (I know really young, don't judge please) we had started dating. We had been dating for a long time, when I hit the age of 18 I had stopped aging and Gloxinia had colored my hair one of my favorite colors, purple-grey, and had cut it to my shoulders. 

While we were relaxing I sensed that two of our albions had been defeated, one in the north and one in the south

"Seems like one of the albions has been destroyed, two of them actually in separate locations" spoke Fraudrin. We all turned our heads towards him, "Is that so?" Says Zeldris

"Who cares about them anyway?" Melascula says in her more bored tone. "Because to me, they're nothing more than ancient play toys." Melascula would always say something heartless or amused and yeah. I went back to snuggling into Gloxinias neck, but Galand disturbed my peace with his ugly laughter. "How amusing!" 

"What is it you find so funny?" Melascula asks the red tin-can. I turn my head towards them once again. 

"Who would have ever imagined that even now there'd still be people daring to stand against the demon race" Galand commented, he stood up and began talking once again. "Right, let's go!" 

"You're not considering heading out there with your powers still depleted, are you?" Melascula asks with disapproval.

"Why not?" he says, unfazed. "It'd be a perfect warm-up exercise. Or do you actually think they'll defeat me?"

'What does that moron think he's doing'

Zeldris appears in front of him asking "Have you forgotten that it was this kind of arrogance that led to our being sealed up in the first place?"

"Well, memory loss in an old man can be rather severe," Galand says looking at me knowing that I knew he stole the line from me during the seal. 

Suddenly I feel Gloxinias vines move and poke Galand "So, what direction are you gonna take?"

"Hmm, let me see," Galand says to himself. 

"You shouldn't be encouraging this, Darling, but he may as well do as he wishes," I say within a darker and scarier tone making them shiver. 

Gloxinia looked down at me and then started speaking again to Galand. "I noticed something North-West of here, for a minute, there were power levels that we're doubling the Albion's. The one South of us was strange because that Albion seemed to self-destruct as if somehow its own power slammed right back into itself." 

That sounds familiar, like someone I know.... it must be him. 

"Hey, thanks a lot," Galand says cheerfully as he pats Gloxinia's tiny head nearly hitting me too. "I'm ready."

Buring my face in Gloxinias neck blocking the mass amount of dust that blasts towards all of us the second Galand leaps towards the blue skies above us.

"Ever since we were released from the seal, it feels like things aren't the same," Melascula points out. "Right? Something's off." 

"Yeah, I can sense it too," I agree with her as I raise a hand and flex my fingers. "The magic power that was so plentiful in Britannia 3,000 years ago is dried up. Which probably explains why it's taking so much time for us to regain ours."

"Odd, considering that power started the war between the five races in the first place," Monspeet states.

"It's fine," Fraudrin reassures us. "Things aren't quite so dire."

For a second I could feel weak people closing up to us, until "Hey, you there!" we hear a new voice call out from down below. "Where did you people come from? This is our turf, understand?"

"Humans?" Melascula asks.

All of us look down to see two male humans, who is carrying some sort of equipment.

"I know why you're here!" one of the Humans shouts at us. "You want the glass-making stones of Edinburgh!"

"If any of you miners find any of them and dig them up, we except the cut," the other Human says.

"Do they really think we're miners?" I say with one of my eyebrows twitching in annoyance. "How disgusting."

"Magical power once flowed from the earth but now it's spilled over onto the wildlife and plants," Fraudrin explains to us. "Over the past 3,000 years, the beings that run rampant in this land have each been absorbing it."

"Hey, listen up!" the same Human from before yells at us. "You understand what we're saying to you? Or--......."

I blink twice when I realize that Derieri has suddenly appeared right in front of one of the male humans.

"Well, hello there, sweetheart," the Human tries to say with a charming voice. 

Silently, Derieri places the tip of her index finger at the center of his chest as the human's eyes immediately turn white and his soul escapes through his mouth. Derieri easily grabs the soul and eats it.

"What d'you do?" the other human shouts. "Hey, snap out of it!"

"Tell me, how does it taste?" Melascula asks Derieri who finished eating the soul. Derieri smiles and gives us the thumbs up, replying, "Bottom line is it's two birds with one stone."

My stomach growls quietly enough for only Gloxinia to hear. "Are you that hungry, (Y/n)?" Gloxinia asks looking down at me. 

"Yeah," I reply quietly.

While Monspeet makes his way down to the ground as well and takes the soul of the other human. "While I'm sure the flavor's off, these souls containing a sprinkling of magical power must be at least somewhat appetizing. With their nourishment, we'll gain power and be able to wipe out swarms of Humans. Two birds indeed."

As Monspeet eats the other soul, Melascula says, "Alright then, perhaps it's time for me to send the bees out so that they can all gather up a little honey. Summon Ring! Fraudrin, is there a village of Humans living nearby? Find one, make sure it's nice and big, OK?"

While Melascula was doing that, I on the other hand started to plan something together with the rest of them. 

"So Y/n, what do you plan to do?" My big brother Zeldris asks me. 

"Well, here's my plan..."