Bad Business

DRAGONSPINE FATUI CAMP - Day 22 of your vengeance

Whilst on a hunt to find weaponry, You ended up in dragonspine.

It took you a while to sneak under the bridge but you managed to reach the end as you swatted the annoying cicin mage flies.

You were off to search for starsilver, the special ingredient for a sword.

And with that, you searched the lands of dragonspine using a single dull blade.

To survive, you had to secretly stay at Fatui camps to stay warm and loot their belongings.

In that moment you caught a glimpse of a man with a large hat and Fatui soldiers following suit. Another Harbinger? You ask yourself.

Your curiosity turned a switch on you. Reluctant, you followed him in silence to discover any information you could use in the future.

"Stay put. I'll be going somewhere" The man said. He had a belittling aura in him. Maybe it's the way he speaks similar to a master to his slave.

He entered a narrow passage of ice. You followed with faint footsteps.

He turns to the right and immediately as you look up, the Harbinger was gone. You lost him.

Did you?

A single hand harshly chokes your neck and pushes you in to the cold ice wall.

The man looks at you scrutiny, he definitely noticed you were stalking him.

"Why are you following me?" His brow arches beneath his dark bangs.

You held his cold hand placed on your neck to try to find a way to breathe. Your eyes screamed and begged for mercy whilst the man was busy interrogating the suspicious woman. You.

"Speak." He lets go and crosses his arms.

You fall to your knees and breathe for air. Before you could look up your body passed out on the floor, helpless.

It was one of the worst and most damaging ideas you have ever made in your entire life to follow him.

You smelled something peculiar that made you feel dizzy.

A faint electric zap was heard before your eyes closed shut.

-

Something bad has come your way when you heard footsteps trail from behind you.

Fatui soldiers carried you to their tent and tied you to the black pole of the tent used in order for it to stand.

"An adventurer aye?" A sinister voice erupted from the shadows.

Shit. You were silent but inside...you knew you were panicking.

"Trespassing in my camp will come with many consequences" Violet glowing eyes met yours.

You put on an act. "Please don't, I'm lost" You tried pushing throught the rope.

"Fantastic acting, you could do better" Of course a manipulator could see right through it.  He's a Harbinger alright. His presence alone felt superior.

He came closer, analyzing your features. What was he even thinking at that moment?

You were too distracted to be searching for ways to escape and find starsilver.

"Tell me why is it that you are here?" He arches a brow.

"I was just gonna get some materials. I-I stumbled upon your camp thinking it was abandoned" You coughed up a half-truth.

A Fatui agent bursted inside the tent, seemingly nervous and in a rush. "Lord Harbinger Scaramouche we have located the traveler" The violet-eyed man raised his brows.

In a single motion of his fingers, the soldiers understood him and untied you.

"Leave now and get out of my sight. You're wasting my time with your uselessness"

You thanked the Archons for the save and immediately run past him. Unexpectedly, he pulled on the back of your shirt with no effort what so ever.

"Do not say a single word or I will not hesitate to find you and kill you" He whispered directly at the shell of your ears. Chills went down your spine from both the coldness of Dragonspine and Scaramouche's death threat.

You leave frightened but curious. What was he up to? Will he help Childe? A traveler? You're getting a bit too curious.

In the meantime, you finally found starsilver to complete the weapon that you were supposed to give to Childe. Courting wasn't an easy job.

Off you went to Liyue on your own, succesfully avoiding any dangers with your knowledge of survival.

-

"Thank you Master Zhang! I'll come back tomorrow" You waved at the blacksmith.

It was the evening after your long journey to Liyue Harbor. You were exhausted but you had to act for your mission.

"Y/N!" A set of deep blue eyes had once again caught yours.

"Ajax!" You came to embrace him.

His face seemed furious and concerned. "Where have you been?" Oh no. You were surprised to even see him care.

"I-" No you couldn't tell him that you just met his fellow harbinger.

"I'll tell you tomorrow okay. I'm tired and I want to sleep in my hammock"

"No"

"Excuse me?"

"Spend the night with me" Childe said straightaway.

Your mouth was agape. Did he really just invite you to sleep with him? Was this a jackpot or a completely wrong route?

You felt guilty for using him. Nonetheless You continued on with your plan.

---------

Blur.

Introduction pt. 2 Scaramouche