ix. 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫

"Can't believe your dumbass gets locked in a freezer

"Can't believe your dumbass gets locked in a freezer." Trevor walked to the couch to fall down with the two.

"Okay, not my dumbasses fault." Brandon spoke, his teeth chattering slightly, despite his head in Ryan's lap and three blankets on him. Trevor scooted in closer, Brandon doing the same so some of his head would touch his leg. Trevor put his arm around Ryan. "Shouldn't have left the bathroom."

"Well, then the house wound have burnt down and Trev would have to leave to go live with his mom." Ryan nodded her head. "Around the same time you go for the military, leaving me here all alone and ready to jump off the side of the house."

"Aw, Ry." Brandon gave a small chuckle, looking up at her. "Look, if I could help it, obviously I wouldn't leave you guys."

"Still sucks though." Trevor had to point out.

"You still have to come home next year to watch me and Trevor graduation though. I'm probably gonna get valedictorian and give the most shitty speech ever." Ryan nodded her head, her head falling back on the couch. "Then we'll just leave each other anyways, for college. Maybe having it happen now will make it easier."

A gloom was over the three. They'd spent every day together for so long now, it was hard to imagine it just going away. But, Ryan was right. Brandon would go to the military, Ryan already applied to MIT, and Trevor, if he was being honest to himself, didn't plan on getting that far anyways. In a way, maybe she was right, for all of them. They all hated the idea of leaving each other, then again, they hated the idea of staying here. Brandon didn't want to be stuck with his dad, Ryan didn't want to miss the opportunity to go to her dream school, and Trevor just didn't want to be here.

"You three ready?" Rowan walked from her room. "We should be safer now."

"Okay, there's six digits. Might as well try it." Rowan spoke as the train sounded outside of the station. Brandon leaned down to the locker. "One, one, three, six, three, four."

Denied. Ryan huffed, throwing her shoe at it. "Son of a bitch."

"Ryan." Brandon scolded her, grabbing her shoe. "So unnecessary."

"Try it backwards?" Rowan suggested with a hopeful look. Brandon did so, having it denied again.

"Shit!" Brandon huffed.

"So unnecessary." Ryan mocked him, getting a middle finger her way.

"Wait, Rowan. Remember that thing you showed me?" Trevor turned to his step sister. "Dunbar lives written in blood. Pull that up."

Rowan did so, passing her phone to Trevor as he examined it. "It's the same style of writing. Maybe Dunbar is our key. Six letters, six numbers."

Ryan rose her hands, backing up. "Here he goes."

"Back up." Brandon did the same.

Trevor breathed heavy as he pulled out his phone, typing quickly. "Okay, if Brandu is our key, then the combination should be three, four, six, one, three, one."

The locker clicked, opening up.

"No freaking way." Ryan looked in disbelief, grabbing Trevor's shoulders and shaking him slightly. "Look at you, my little genius!"

"Nice, Trev." Brandon grinned, pulling the locker open. A single tape laid at the bottom of the locker. "What the hell is that?"

"The better question is, who has a VCR?" Rowan gave a questionable look.

"Even better question, who is old school enough to make one of these?" Ryan looked over, meeting her eye.

"What the fuck even is this!" Ryan yelled at the TV.

"Ryan!" Trevor huffed. "Stop being so unnecessary."

The DVD gave different flashes of zoo animals, a grave sight, blood, and screeching noises in the back. Trevor shook his head. Brandon huffed. "You think it's a message?"

"What kind of message is zoo animals, grave yards, and a cheap horror movie?" Ryan rolled her eyes, sitting on the couch while the two stood infront of the tv.

Trevor exhaled with a shake of his head. "Why are we doing this?"

Brandon looked over. "You know why. Look, I don't get to graduate with all you losers. Psycho path ruined my life."

"But, Zoe's dead." Trevor pointed out.

"Okay, but someone is still sending us messages. Someone through me in a trunk and locked me in a freezer, Trevor." Brandon spoke defensively. "Maybe it wasn't Zoe who framed me. But, we have to figure this out."

"You're such a liar!" Ryan called from the couch. "You are the worst liar!"

"Lie? I'm not lying to you. To either of you!" Brandon defended himself with a crazy look her way.

"We know you're doing this because of Rowan." Trevor gave him a sudden shove.

Brandon laughed in disbelief. "No, i'm not."

"Yes, you are." Trevor argued. "This is because of her."

Brandon exhaled. "I'm the one that put her in danger, I have to protect her. Okay?"

"Because you're in love with her." Ryan confirmed with a hurt look on her face, crossing her arms. "Yeah, that's it."

"No, i'm not. It's the right thing to do." Brandon shook his head, his tone a lot calmer then either of theirs were.

"You're in love with her." Trevor repeated in disbelief.

"Stop getting so emotional. Both of you, Jesus." Brandon looked between the pair.

"Dude, whatever. Screw you." Trevor went to the couch to pull at the blankets.

"You're such an asshole." Ryan rammed into Brandon's shoulder harshly, grabbing her backpack.

"Oh my god, are you really gonna do this?" Brandon called as Trevor took a long drink of alcohol.

"If you were in love with Rowan, you should have said that a long time ago, Brandon!" Ryan yelled, slamming the door as she walked away from Trevor's house.

kylie speaks

love my unnecessary queen