vi. 𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫

"L

"L.Broadly was the last person to check out this book, so I guess the letter L." Rowan pulled the library card from inside of a checked out book.

"Clever girl." Brandon looked her way. Ryan shifted, watching the interaction.

Rowan looked over at Trevor. "Did you find anything yet?"

"No Lance Broadly." he shook his head.

"Ryan?" Rowan looked her way.

"No social media, no records." Ryan listed on as she looked up from her phone. "Dudes like a literal ghost."

"Zero social blade." Trevor agreed. "Who doesn't have an Insta?"

"I can see if I can hack into the computer system at the library and see if there's a photo by his library card." Ryan spoke up, looking toward Roward.

"You can do that?" she asked with frowned eyebrows.

Ryan shrugged. "I can do anything."

"Ryan's a secret nerd." Brandon hummed, Ryan's face fell as she looked down at her phone. In no way did he mean it in a mean way, teasing more so, but it was so much more complicated in her head. Especially from him.

"Look, this is the page where the piece was torn out." Rowan turned the book page to show the cut out ones.

"So Lance checks out a book from the library, a book Zoe has read before. He tears out a specific line, and he sends it to her." Brandon confirmed, Ryan walked over to get a better look while Trevor continued to search. "Why?"

"Romantic?" Ryan rose her eyebrows.

"This is your idea of romance?" Brandon looked down at her with a questionable look.

"Not the creepy text part, the messages part." she corrected him.

"Wait, look." Rowan turned the book around to show a number written close to the spin.

"What is it?" Brandon looked at her.

"I don't know." she answered, meeting his eye. Ryan looked back at Trevor for some back up, feeling weird right between them with the intense eye contact they were sharing, only he hadn't been paying attention either.

"Trevor will probably know!" Ryan cut in with a clear of her throat, grabbing the book. Trevor looked up, dropping his phone as she walked his way.

"Maybe if we find out who Lance Brodley is, we can get answers about Zoe." Brandon followed her, Rowan close after. Ryan fell down next to Trevor as he looked down at the page. "Maybe he's KingCobra."

Trevor held his phone in one hand. "It's a phone number."

Rowan and Brandon looked closer. "Let's call it."

"Wait." Rowan shook her head as Brandon took the phone. "What's your plan? We need a plan."

"Just ride the wave, Rowan." Ryan waved her off.