Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Romance?! No way

Elaina's Pov

Ah! I just wanna sleep in this hill because it's so relaxing and the view is extremely good too. "Sorry to break the silence but do you wanna know the genre of the book Collab?" I just shake my head, "fantasy, thriller, drama and ROMANCE" the romance word just got me.

"Romance?! No way! I-i haven't tried romance yet!" I told him "I haven't too i mean I've been hurting people with my books and inspiring to not have a romantic relationship" he paused for a minute "what if we got into a relationship?" I wanna slap the fuck out of him because of what he said.

"Are you nuts or what?! I told you I haven't decided yet, you're getting on my nerves" I rolled my eyes. "I never met someone who admits that they're annoyed and saying it out loud" he chuckles a bit.

I rolled my eyes again and looks at the scenery again. This dude won't even be able to keep quiet. I hate this kind of people.

"This would be good with coffee or something hot while looking at this" I saw him smile in the corner of my eye. I nodded and he suddenly gets up and ran. 'what a crazy guy' I chuckled of what I was thinking and just admire the view.

I never knew a place like this can relax you, I never knew someone you just met can make you calm. This is fun, this is what I want.

He came back with two hot choco in his hands and gave me the other one, hm, feels right. Gotta admit he was right when he said scenery like this could be more better with a hot drink. I enjoyed the scenery and started to think about the Collab.

It may not be that bad if I tried something new, right? I've never tried romance anyways maybe it will be fun to do it? "It's not a bad idea to try it, right?" I was shocked when he suddenly talk.

"DON'T JUST TALK THERE! YOU SCARED ME" he just laughed at me and sips on his hot choco "you know what Ely" I raised my one eyebrow and looked at him "Ely?"

He smiled at me and said "yeah, ELY" I looked at him in confusion "I was wondering of what should I call you, I mean your name is pretty but I want it short that's why I came up with Ely" he sips his hot choco.

I just rolled my eyes because of his weirdness, he's no ordinary guy. "Collaboration sounds good not gonna lie, what if do it? Honestly I'm not sure about that idea too but you know we should do different things" he has a point but leaving my comfort zone isn't the best for me.

"You're right but" i lower my head and looks at the ground "you don't have to say it to me Ely, if it's uncomfortable to say it just don't say it, don't force yourself" he smiled at me.

Woah, no one told me that. I looked at him and I see how bright his smile is, he's like a ray of sunshine. I found myself smiling at him too "you have a pretty smile Ely, I love to see it more" I furrowed my eyebrows "i just realized you have a pouty lips, you're so cute Ely" he chuckles.

What's with this guy? He's been describing me for no reason "let me get this straight, do you like me? You kept looking at my features" he accidentally choked on his hot choco by my question.

"I don't! It's just I never met women this close though, I thought giving compliment was the best to cheer you up" he got shy and looked away, he's weird but he's comfortable being with.

He does have sisters, I mean they're women. Maybe he's not close with them, bakit ko ba iniisip pagiging close nya sa mga kapatid nyang babae? Umiling lang ako at humigop ng aking hot choco.

"Ely, kung may chance man matuloy tong collab, Can we be good friends?" Tinanong nya ako habang Nakatingin sa paligid, anong ibig niyang sabihin?

I got curious on what he was saying "what do you mean by that?" I asked him "Ely, I said I want us to be friends like friends, we hang out, casual talks and laughing at small things." I looked at him, This guy is different.

"Sorry but I do have social anxiety and I might just be awkward towards you anyway so yeah" I sipped my hot choco "but I'm still thinking of what am I going to do about this project, I want to try new things but collaboration is way out of out of league especially when I'm socially awkward. I might just make you feel embarrassed or get you read on my message inbox" I continued.

"So what if you're socially awkward? That's fine with me though I mean we can actually think straight if we're both quiet during our brainstorming. Look Ely, everything is going to be fine." He smiled at me and enjoy the scenery in our front.

It seems fine to me but being friends with a guy is something I've never had done before, this feels new to me, do I deserve to be friends with him? We sat here for 30 mins until we felt the chill of the night.

It feels calming coming here and meeting someone who's the complete opposite of me, it felt like he was my alter ego or someone from the parallel world that it was supposed to be me.

We went home after a break, a break from books and manuscripts that I had been for over 4 months now.

Being an author is way harder than it looks, even my conflicts in life can be more messy than it should be. Well, this is my form of escape to the reality, a reality that is cruel.

I can't sleep because of this unresolved answer. Romance is a genre that I've never dreamed of making, the difficulties of this is. I don't know how it feels to be in love with someone, I've never had someone in my life what would want me.

I guess tomorrow I can come up with a decision that might change my life.