Nevertheless, we're not letting go of the girl. To ensure that the agent does not get to her, I have locked the church door where the girl is being held.

Anyone who needs access to the church must first get approval by Lord Saddler.

There is a key beyond the lake but it should be safe now that the "Del Lago" has been awakened by our Lord. No one will get across that lake alive.

Plus our same blood courses through the agent's veins. It'll be just a matter of time before he joins us. Once he does, there will be nobody else left that will come looking for the girl.

P.S. the woman the agent is with is an outsider. Whether she will be able to join us or not is a matter of time.

Next to the note was a flimsy printed picture of where the great lake resided. Grime and age worn the print. If the sign with the skulls hanging off of it wasn't enough, these pictures and written notes were ominous reminders. They had to get to Ashley Graham fast, or else the Los Illuminados cultists would lay their filthy hands on her.

I should tell Leon, Seraphina thought as she slipped the photo away into a pocket. Like it was a cue for the world to reign its hatred, the sound of a chainsaw buzzing caught her off guard. Charging towards her, a woman with wrapped bloody bandages around her head had a opening for her grimy, dirty mouth.

"¡Te voy a hacer picadillo!" She screamed with a pitchy voice, sidestepping as a way to dodge the aim of Seraphina's gun. Hurriedly, Seraphina swept under the woman's slow attacks and placed a knife in her throat. Crimson liquid gushed out, but seemingly stunned the woman when she should have dropped dead.

Seraphina stumbled over the loosely nailed wooden planks on the bridge, backing up from the chainsaw woman's range. Aim for the head. She has to drop dead after multiple shots. There's no way anything could survive that...if it doesn't work, she runs.

Like a cornered rat, the attacker closed in and she flinched as a string of ammo soaked into the body of the chainsaw woman. Bits of smoke rose from the barrel. Stepping back further to get away—a warm, hard thing or person bumped into her back.

Shrieking, she aimed the gun back at whatever was behind, but only found Leon. Landing right into his chest area, Seraphina placed down her weapon to furrow her eyebrows together. As if she's perplexed at the sight of him.

Why did I not hear him approach?

Bang, Leon took the last shot to knock the woman off of her feet. Landing into the ocean with a scream and painfully loud splash, they safely assumed she wouldn't resurrect herself.

"Jesus, you scared me."

Leon holstered the gun away. "Sorry."

"Look at this," Seraphina showed him the note along with the eerie photograph. "We can't get inside the church unless we cross the lake. I'm getting worried...if the same blood thing is true, we should hurry."

He nodded, noticing how much more confident Seraphina became in making decisions. She's changed...but has he?

"Sounds like we have something waiting for us, don't want to keep him waiting, do we?"

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

PAST THE empty area littered with scraps, there were many crows flying around in hopes to scavenge for trash or maybe even bother the two with their sharp beaks. A part of the village was built over a overgrown swamp, Ganados walked around in the waters or bridges to spot their next target. The water was a brownish, muddy color.