I was more of his benefactor, now that I thought of it. What did he want me to be, to him? I didn't want to force him into anything due to sheer obligation, but the temptation of doing so felt like it was growing greater and greater for some weird reason.

I was always the one who I initiated any sort of contact, and Blaine would only ever latch on to me when he was fearful, scared of anything, or just feeling really strong emotions.

Weirdly enough, the thought of leaving Blaine made my spirits feel low, and I sighed, feeling a throbbing headache incoming.

I stood up, decided to change into some dry-fit clothing, and left the ward, leaving a small note behind.

__________

Bunny, I'm out for a jog right now. I'll come back soon with some food. Get more rest.

Luka
__________

After some brief consideration, I added a smiley face behind my name, so it looked less serious, more goofy.

I placed the note right beside a newly-filled flask of warm water on the table, and headed out.

There was a park nearby, so I headed there for some light exercise.

Halfway through my second round around the park, I heard someone call my name.

"Luci?" Slowing down, I turned around, and met green eyes. "Avy!" I smiled. She was also dressed in sports clothing.

"What're you doing up so early?" Avery scrutinised, squinting her eyes to stare at me inquisitively.

"I couldn't sleep, is all." I raised my hands in mock surrender, and she dropped it fairly soon.

It was an unspoken agreement to jog together, while we chatted about life.

"So, how's the tiny one doing?"

"Tiny one?"

"Y'know, the kid."

I rolled my eyes. Sure, Blaine was a little short, but that was because of malnutrition. I remembered when Eli was first introduced to us, we also called him tiny.

"He's okay. But sometimes he wakes up from," I thought for a little while. "Nightmares."

"Ah." Avery made a non-committal noise. "That's normal. Like, you had them, too. We all had them. From, you know, that incident."

She knew Blaine's nightmares were related to his background, I guess.

We fell silent for a while.

"He has nobody but you, it seems." She commented softly, her previous joyful disposition gone despite the smile on her face. "Don't take advantage of that, Luci."

How could I ever? Heck, before anything, I'd let Blaine take advantage of me. I'd give him all my wealth if he desired.

"Yeah, never mind." Avery rolled her eyes. "You look like you're about to kill me for even bringing that up."

Under her breath, I could hear her whisper.

"It's a pity you're so dense."

"What do you mean?" I frowned. I was dense? I thought I was sharper than most, but since it was Avery saying this, maybe I was losing my touch.

"Oh, you idiot." She sighed, increasing her pace and practically running off. I caught up soon enough, and soon we were racing throughout the park as the hour creeped by.

"Pause." She skidded to a halt in her tracks, and I almost fell over. "Tell me, what do you feel about Blaine?"

I tilted my head. He was really unique, that was for sure.