Chapter One: The Council

Start from the beginning

"Oh, that's the main reason I don't daydream whenever I face you," I replied.

"What the hell does that mean?!" He violently reacted. I just shrugged in response. "Let me remind you that he's not your ex."

Seriously, this guy! "Is it a sin to daydream?"

Jaewon loudly cleared his throat which made our argument put into a sudden halt.

"Anyway, I'll be giving you this," JC said as he pulls one of his drawers and took out a handout. He gave that to Jaewon who immediately scanned the paper. "That's the list of trainings you should undergo. You have to talk to Council Xean here for legal matters and Council Nathan over the other side for your psychological tests. And of course, La Diva for your seduction classes."

"Seduction classes?"

"Yeah, that's one of your trainings."

"Okay," he unsurely replied.

"Jaewon-a, ilioseyo (Come here)," I called. He was shocked to hear me speaking his native language. I know how to speak at least seven including Korean, Spanish, and French. He approached my office desk.

"Are you Korean?" he asked me, still shocked.

"No, I'm Filipino," I clarified as I laugh softly. "But I can speak a lot of languages. Have a seat, first."

He sat in front at the chair in front of me. I could see that he's becoming a bit comfortable with us. I smiled at him. He reminds me of someone I used to know.

"I'm in charge of all the legal matters here at RnJ," I told him. "And based from your contract, you have to complete four contracts." I pulled the drawer near me and pulled a thick book. I placed it in front of him.

"Igeon mweobnika (What is this?)?" he asked me as he picked up the manual, and then took a peek of some of the pages.

"That's the RnJ Husband Rulebook," I explained. "You need to read that."

He winced upon hearing what I've said.

"Is there a shorter version? Or even just a summary?" he queried. "It would take me forever to read this."

"You know what? You're not the first hired husband who asked me that," I replied. I placed two sheets of paper in front of him. "Here. I also translated it already in Korean."

"Thanks."

"Piece of advice," I said next. "Just like what I have been telling the others, if you really wanted to fish your contract... Never fall in love. Control your feelings. That's all about what the rules are."

"You can go to Council Nathan," I told him as I point at the guy on the far edge, next to JC. "Then, come back here and I'll give you a tour around the head office."

He nodded before approaching Nathan. I picked up a blue folder between the stocks of other folders on my table and opened it. I reviewed each one's contents. Soon enough, Jaewon came back.

"Before we start our mini-tour," I said. "and before I could forget, I need to give you your husband profile. I guess one of the agents already informed you about the fake identity that you will be using while you work with us." He nodded as a confirmation. "Park Jaewon. You will be known as Lee Taehoon. And your English name is Steve. Steve Lee. When you're not serving as a hired husband, you need to report in the travel and tours agency of RnJ."

"What will I do there?" he asked me next.

"Teach the agents your language, assist your fellow Korean men and give them a tour around the Philippines," I explained. He sighed and then, nodded. "Well, Steve Lee. Kaja (Let's go)!"

We both stood up and left the office, and proceeded with the short tour around the Head Office. We walked past the hallway leading to a huge double door entrance. I opened the doors and we both marveled by the Greco-Roman styled opera house.

"What is this place?" he asked me.

"This is the Domain of Lust," I replied.

"For what?"

"Bidding of hired husbands."

This is how my work goes in RnJ. I usually greet the new recruits, explain to them what they should and should not do, and then, give them a quick tour around the head office. But my job in the company doesn't stop there. My vital duties and responsibilities lie when I give the hired husbands their contracts. I have the responsibility to punish the rulebreakers and it's not a piece of cake especially when I'm already friends with the hired husband who broke the rules.

Love is strange. These men enter our office so confidently that they won't fall in love nor will break any rule. However, almost all of them end up eating those words.