You Meet Their Parent(s)

A/N: I will not be doing a "They Meet Your Parents" scenario, because no one's parents, if they have them, are the same. Or even close to the same. Therefore, dear reader, you get to meet your character of choice's parent(s) instead.

Dolores

You and Dolores were enjoying a quiet afternoon of hanging out when her door burst open, making both of you jump. An older woman with auburn hair and green eyes entered the room, tugging distractedly at her long braid and speaking before the door was even fully open. A little cluster of clouds followed her in.

"Dolores, I need you to help me find Antonio," she said. "I think he went off to play with some of the kids from town, but it's almost time for dinner and he's not—"

She stopped midsentence, noticing that Dolores wasn't alone in her room. Dolores stood up, but she didn't let go of your hand, and you could feel from her grip that she was nervous.

"Mamá," she said. "This is (Y/N)."

It made sense, even if the storm clouds hadn't given away that this was Pepa Madrigal. Dolores didn't look exactly like her mother, but she certainly resembled her. Something about the facial structure and the shape of her eyes.

"Hi," you said.

For a second, you thought you saw the little clouds darken. If they did though, it seemed to be passing surprise, because a moment later, Pepa was squeezing your cheeks, a little rainbow over her head.

"So this is my daughter's little girlfriend?" she exclaimed. "Ay, Dolores, you never told me how pretty she was!"

"Mamá!"

Dolores pulled her mother off of you, looking heartily embarrassed. "Let's go find Antonio," she said quickly. "(Y/N), I'll see you in a bit. This shouldn't take long."

She left with her mother, and you knew she heard you laughing afterwards.

Luisa

You were hanging out with Luisa, and it was great, right up until you tripped over nothing and scraped up your knee pretty badly on the stairs.

"(Y/N)! Are you all right?" Luisa knelt next to you. "No, stupid question, you're bleeding. Here, let me help you."

She helped you to your feet and began leading you downstairs.

"Where are we going?" you asked, trying to hold your skirt above your bleeding knee so that the fabric wouldn't soak up a bunch of blood. Still, you winced with every other step.

"To find my má. She can fix your knee."

Luisa got you to the kitchen, made sure you were comfortable in a chair, and then hurried off. A few minutes later, she reentered with a middle-aged woman who could only be her mother; the resemblance was strong.

"Mamá, this is (Y/N)," Luisa said. "She's the girlfriend I mentioned to you."

"Hey," you said, offering a small wave.

Julieta Madrigal smiled, a warm and gentle expression that immediately took away any of the tension you had over meeting your girlfriend's mother for the first time. "It's nice to meet you," she said. "Luisa's told me wonderful things about you. And also that you just hurt your knee."

"Yeah," you said, showing her the damage. "She said you could help me?"

"Of course," she said. She moved to a cabinet beside the oven and pulled out a basket of buñuelos. "I always keep a few extra things around, just in case."