Chapter Forty Six

Ava

"I need your advice on something," I say to Michael, taking a seat at the bar.

"What's troubling you?" he asks, and I sigh.

"I think I have feelings," I start and his jaw drops.

"The robot Ava finally admits she has feelings," he jokes and I roll my eyes. This is why I don't talk about my feelings; I get this type of reaction from him.

"Anyways," I reply, making him smile. "I just think that what Harry and I have right now is making me develop feelings."

"That's a good thing, Ava. I know it's new for you but I think if you're happy, this could be a good thing," he suggests, and I shrug.

"I don't know. I'm just worried because of the whole situation," I say, referring to the past. I don't want to think about Harry finding out about that night. I've torn myself apart over it too much and I'm past that point; I'm just nervous that my feelings are worse than the unknown.

"Ava, don't let that interfere with how you're feeling. If he feels the same way, it'll work out," he explains, and I sigh.

"I'm just not sure, Michael. I'm not trying to push myself into a relationship," I say, and take a sip of my drink right after.

"Honey, you're in a relationship. Shut up," he retorts, and I frown. But it turns into a soft smile after as I take another sip.

"You're smitten like a kitten and you cannot tell me otherwise," he says, cleaning off a few glasses as he stands and talks to me.

"I know," I admit, running my hand over my face.

"Is he meeting you here?" he asks, and I nod my head.

"He said he'll be here soon. We're at a standstill in our case and we're both anxious about it," I tell him, and he nods.

"I'm glad you're seeing him. It's good to see you actually enjoying yourself in the presence of a man," he says, and I slap his shoulder. Michael has seen me extremely uninterested in pointless conversation at bars too many times. I hated making small talk when really all I wanted out of the conversation was to go home and have sex. I just wanted to feel something, anything, but Harry makes me feel that way on so many levels.

"Well, your man is here so I will be over there," he points, moving to the other end of the bar. I take another sip of wine. Two warm hands press to my arms and I lean back slightly, tilting my head to look up.

Harry's chocolate curls come into sight and he leans down, setting a kiss to my forehead quickly.

"Hi Harry," I grin, his body taking a seat beside me. He shrugs off his coat and sets it on the back of his chair.

"How are you, Nicks?" he asks, and I look him over.

His dress shirt is unbuttoned to the middle of his chest, his tattoos on display. He's rolled his shirt sleeves up on his forearms and I find myself completely turned on by him.

"I'm good. How are you?" I ask, his arm wrapping around my waist.

"Good now that I'm done with work," he says, glancing around the room for a moment. He leans down and kisses me quickly, running his hand along my back.

"You alright?" he asks, my head nodding. His green eyes are attentive to me and I smile up at him. I'm unsure what he's thinking, but there's an amused glint to his eyes. I'm sure he had caught me checking him out.

"You look beautiful as always," he whispers in my ear, my heart skipping a beat. I'm just wearing jeans and a low-cut top; nothing all that fancy.

"You look really good too," I grin, his hand running along the skin on my shoulder.