The memory

"Guys, there's something I need to tell you," Kyouka started, preparing for the worst.

"Hm? What is it? And where's Dazai?" Asked Kunikida.

"I think he ran off, I'm not sure, but he's missing," she announced.

Everyone was silent for a moment as they processed what she'd told them.

"What do you mean he's gone?!" Asked Atsushi and Yosano in unison.

"I was standing around the corner and he started taking a while, so I went to go look, and he wasn't there."

"Wait... You went in the men's restroom?" Atsushi asked, concerned.

"Yes. I thought that I should look for myself, especially since no one was around."

"You don't think he was taken, do you?" Kenji asked.

"There's no way to tell for sure, but if he has been taken, there's a low chance of us finding him," Kunikida said.

The agency members decided to go back to their respective building to plan out their next move.

When they arrived, however, a scene was waiting for them in Fukuzawa's office.

There was what appeared to be blood everywhere, and a note was laying on the desk for them.

Yosano got some of the red substance onto her finger and tasted it.

"Yep. It's fine, everyone, it's just ketchup," she announced.

Kunikida picked up the note and read it aloud.

"Dear ADA. We have Dazai."

Most of the members were surprised at this first, sudden sentence, but some remained calm.

"If you want him back, you may come get him. Just know this kid belongs here, with people who can nurture him to be exactly what he should."

"Who wrote it?" Kyouka asked.

"It's just signed Port Mafia. But the handwriting is pretty fancy," Kunikida told her.

"Oh, alright. Then that rules out some people," she thought aloud.

"What should we do?" Yosano asked.

"Well we have to rescue him," Atsushi pointed out.

"But we can't just rush in," Ranpo said.

"That's true, which is exactly why it'd be wise to plan out what we're going to do," Kunikida stated.

Everyone nodded, so Kunikida continued.

"Ranpo and Yosano can be on lookout. They'll watch for anyone coming. Me, Atsushi, Junichiro, and Kenji will fend off anyone who tries to attack. Finally, Kyouka will get Dazai, since he trusts her the most."

They planned to leave at sunrise tomorrow morning. Everyone of them knew what was at stake, so they knew to take this seriously as well.

Meanwhile, across town, Dazai was bored out of his tiny mind.

"What are you doing?" Akutagawa asked the child, who was laying with his back against the floor, staring up at the ceiling and making no noise at all.

He shrugged, still making so sound whatsoever.

"I think he's bored," Elise said.

She walked over and bent down next to him, poking his right cheek.

"So? What do we do?" Tachihara asked.

"Maybe Chuuya could entertain him," Q suggested.

Everyone nodded, knowing full well Chuuya was one of the more interesting parts of this job.

As if waiting for the right moment, Chuuya walked into the room just then. Everyone turned to look at him, and he started to become annoyed.

"Stop staring, would ya?!" Chuuya yelled.

Someone yawned and steam started coming out of Chuuya's ears.

There was a small giggle in the room, and everyone turned to see Dazai laughing at Chuuya.

"What?!" He yelled at Dazai.

"I just... I just realized," Dazai tried to say, laughing uncontrollably, and being unable to speak.

"What?!" Chuuya yelled again.

"I just realized.... How short you were," Dazai managed to get out.

This time, Q tried to hide their smile, and Elise started giggling as well. Tachihara burst into laugher, Hirotsu smiled, and Akutagawa looked away from the scene to hide and emotion he may accidentally show. Gin started laughing as well, eventually starting to roll onto her brother. Even Higuchi cracked a smile.

There was a chuckle from behind Chuuya, and everyone looked to see Mori laughing as well.

Chuuya yelled about how he was still growing or whatever even though he was twenty-two and then stormed out from embarrassment.

"Ok, kid. That was pretty cool," Higuchi complimented.

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed," Dazai replied, bowing.

"So how old are you?" Q asked.

"Uh.... I don't know. I don't pay attention to my age anymore," Dazai told them.

"You look to be somewhere between seven and ten," Elise commented.

"Hey, if you're that old, then you should be able to help us with something. If you're up for it, that is," Q said.

Dazai nodded earnestly, and Elise led the other two children downstairs to Q's room in the basement.

"Ok here's what we're going to do," Elise started.

With the agency planning a rescue for Dazai, who had recently gotten involved with the mafia and their affairs, someone elsewhere sensed something big was coming.

"I feel it."

"Feel what?"

"Something bad is going to happen soon."

"Oh, really? How can you tell?"

"I can tell because we haven't seen a certain brown-haired maniac lately."

"What do you think will happen?"

"Don't know, really. I just know we should stay on high alert and watch for anything interesting."

"Well then, I'll make sure to tell the rest. They deserve to know."

"And while you're at it, I want you to call someone for me."

"Who, sir?"

"Call Twain. We'll want him to help us keep watch."

"Yes, sir."

Author's Note:
Oh, it's just Chuuya.

Yeah..... The next chapter is out!

I learned something today. If you really try your hardest, you can convince yourself that rice noodles are mexican jumping beans and the faster you eat them, the less they'll jump out at you.

School lunch should definitely be longer.

Now about Fyodor Dostoevsky's accent and hat.

I love them!

But still not as much as I love Q and Kenji.

I've been thinking of a few crossover AU ideas, and I've decided on my next book.

Anyway, adíos.

Word Count: 1000